To assist in the maintenance and operations in the Produce Department.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Verify and communicate the quality, count, and freshness of all products.
2) Prepare merchandise in sales area. (Trimming, packaging, weighing, and pricing)
3) Display merchandise in a neat and colorful manner.
4) Maintain freshness standards on counters.
5) Maintenance of equipment and housekeeping of back room and sales area.
6) Be aware of case temperatures and communicate any temperature failures to the manager in charge.
7) Maintain good customer relations with prompt and courteous service.
8) Observe policies and procedures established for the department.
9) Follow clean as you go program to ensure clean, sanitary environment.
10) Know product and product uses.
11) Greet all customers and be observant.
12) Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Assist in the unloading of merchandise.
2) Transport stock to coolers and storage areas.
3) Monitor inventory of supplies and notify Produce Manager when orders are needed.MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) Basic math skills and ability to accurately count product and match against invoices.
2) Must have strong communication skills for assisting the customers.
3) Must have dexterity in hands to enable trimming and packaging of produce.
4) Ability to unload, transport, and place merchandise in their specified areas.
5) Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds up to fifty percent (50%) of the time.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...