Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, and Club Monaco, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
This role reports to the VP of Sustainability and is responsible for developing strategies and solutions that will drive progress towards our energy, waste, water and carbon reduction goals across all RL stores, offices and distribution centers, globally.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Drive the development, implementation and progression of our GHG and renewable energy and waste management goals to: * By 2019, we will set a renewable energy target for our owned and operated facilities * By 2020, we will set a science-based GHG reduction target for our operations and our supply chain * By 2023, we will achieve zero waste to landfill across our distribution centers * Key activities to deliver on the goals above include: Analyze areas for improvement and opportunities for a strong ROI relating to energy, environmental sustainability and efficiency; develop systems and implement prioritized initiatives to deliver on climate/carbon reduction goals * Own and leads RL's global renewable energy and carbon offset strategies (drawing on different mechanisms including vPPAs, green tariffs, utility programs, etc.)
* Drive and set waste reduction priorities in partnership with the business and ensure implementation of global waste reduction strategies across offices, DCs and retail locations and collaborate across industry to identify innovative solutions for zero waste goals. * Oversee the disclosure and reporting of our carbon footprint and progress towards our goals, specifically lead the company's approach to climate disclosure and reporting, including: Tracking trends and evolving the current approach, Scope 3 emissions strategy and inventory and managing our annual response to the CDP Climate questionnaire in partnership with key internal functions. * Create internal support and buy-in to drive execution of plans and initiatives, in collaboration with key internal functions. * Prepare presentations for and engage with leadership and key internal functions to build buy-in * Engage with and represent RL in key multi-stakeholder initiatives (i.e. RE 100, REBA, RMI BRC) to support our overarching climate/carbon and energy strategy and attend conferences on these topics. * Support RL's internal GHG & Renewables and Waste Management Working Groups as a subject matter expert and resource/connector to external stakeholders and best practices. * Work in close collaboration with the Sustainability Team and key internal functions such as Real Estate, Finance, Retail, Manufacturing, Environment, Sourcing, Procurement, Finance and Legal.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's degree in business, sustainability, and/or environmental subject area including Climate Change, Environmental Science, or similar
* At least 5 years of relevant professional experience from a CSR/sustainability, energy and climate or similar role in the private sector, an NGO working with business, or a top-tier consulting firm
* Proven experience managing and executing a private sector organization's energy & climate strategy to reduce climate impacts, including: * Setting science-based targets, sustainable building practices, Scope 3 emissions strategy and inventory, renewable energy strategies, climate governance and climate risk assessment and management
* Excellent grasp of sustainability, environmental and climate-related concepts and issues more broadly, including energy and climate strategies and best practices, sustainable building strategies, science-based targets, climate risk assessment and management, GHG accounting, Carbon Disclosure Project, Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosure, other emerging trends and concepts
* Experience developing renewable energy procurement strategies and executing in partnership with finance, legal and facilities and operations teams
* Proven ability to develop business cases, model impacts, including financial implications, and build buy-in and climate competency
* Familiar with academic, government and NGOs active in the climate change and environmental ecosystem
* Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions
* Well-developed interpersonal skills for interaction with leadership and key internal functions
* Takes initiative and demonstrates ownership, works independently
* Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
* < Back to search results
Apply now Share Share Director, Sustainability with Facebook Share Director, Sustainability with Twitter Share Director, Sustainability with a friend via e-mail
Sign up to receive job notifications.
Associated topics: care, chief marketing officer, community, demand, event, government, market, marketplace, product market, relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.