Consumer Finance Manager - Financial Technology
Compensation: $124,885.00 - $178,020.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
A career in our Consumer Finance, within Financial Markets Business Advisory services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to a variety of audit, regulatory, valuation, and financial analyses services to design solutions that address our clients' complex accounting and financial reporting challenges, as well as their broader business issues.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future. As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to: - Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone. - Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty. - Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development. - Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations. - Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations. - Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations. - Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients. - Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties - Focus on building trusted relationships. - Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Information Technology
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in end-to-end engineering of finance applications, finance software, all layers of software design, web and mobile (iOS) applications, database design (SQL & NoSQL and security and data protection implementation, including the following areas: - Demonstrating extensive object-oriented programming (OOP) and software design knowledge to create extensible and reusable software that meets architectural objectives;
* Designing, building, testing, and deploying technical solutions across various applications;
* Working with APIs, defining integration patterns, and integrating third party data sources;
* Creating REST based web services accessible by mobile/web platforms;
* Building Java/C#-based back-end apps and REST API services;
* Implementing business integrations leveraging service-oriented architecture, cloud-based infrastructure, and/or micro services;
* Performing tool and system selection with scalability analysis; and
* Defining reference architectures, both on application and network side.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in programming frameworks, including the following:
* Backend languages such as Java or C#;
* Frontend frameworks (e.g. AngularJS or ReactJS);
* Mobile frameworks (iOS, Swift 3);
* Databases (SQL and NoSQL), such as MySQL or Mongo DB or Cassandra;
* Messaging Services Like Rabbit MQ or Active MQ etc.;
* Continuous integration/deployment, performance/function testing, middleware ESB;
* Modern deployment tools, such as Docker; and,
* Modern development tools such as Jira and Confluence.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in early-stage software project execution and modern software development, including the following areas:
* Taking an idea from whiteboard-stage to a working prototype as an individual contributor or project manager;
* Tracking records of supporting development teams in scaling the prototype into an enterprise solution;
* Interfacing with both technical and non-technical resources (internally and client) to synthesize business and systems information;
* Identifying and solving client or stakeholder needs, including complex operations challenges;
* Making sound software design decisions to achieve both scalability and minimization of development time;
* Leveraging strategic and creative thinking, problem solving, and individual initiative;
* Proactively seeking and providing feedback;
* Setting up and living agile development process;
* Working seamlessly in an agile environment with product managers, BAs, and designers to understand end-user requirements;
* Formulating use cases, and implementing pragmatic and effective technical solutions;
* Troubleshooting and debugging technical issues; and,
* Working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: buy, derivatives, equity, financial, fund, market, nasdaq, risk, sell, s p
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...