Procter & Gamble is seeking a highly motivated individual for a Sales Representative position with our P&G Professional Organization in located in Columbia, SC or surrounding areas.
P&G Professional is a leading manufacturer and marketer of away from home products and solutions. P&G Professional Sales Representatives sell cleaning products to building service contractors, hotels, health care facilities, restaurants, schools and work closely with our distributor partners. P&G Professional Sales Representatives are part of a multi-functional Distributor Customer Team which includes experts in Finance, Logistics, Marketing, and Information Systems to provide the resources needed to develop a new and successful way of doing business.
*_The responsibilities of the Sales Representative include:_*
* Sell to a variety of end-users in the \"away from home\" industry.
* Understand our commercial customers' (distributor or end-user) business, then utilize available information (P&G and customers') to explain the business building opportunities.
* Persuade our customer to accept the recommendation for one or more specific courses of action.
* Develop expertise in areas such as product knowledge and technical support.
* Demonstrated sales leadership results.
* Problem solvers as well as excellent communicators.
* Previous experience in Janitorial, Sanitation, or Food Service distributor sales areas is a plus.
* Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
In order to effectively perform the job duties described above, all applicants should reside in and have a detailed knowledge of this territory, as relocation is not a paid expense. The sales territory covers the Columbia SC and surrounding area. Company Car Provided. No relocation provided.
* Must have a valid driver's license and speak/write English. Spanish proficiency preferred, but not required.
* Overnight travel is required approximately 10% of the time.
* A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred but is not required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for non-immigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.