Assist in the management all aspects of the security credentialing program and operation for the airport in compliance with federal regulations. This position is one of high trust and is responsible for confidential and sensitive security information. This position requires TSA secret security clearance.
1. Assist in the management of the day-to-day operation of the Security Credentialing Office and supervise the performance of contract and PA clerical staff in the Office.
2. Develop and enforce security protocols to ensure ID card issuance procedures comply with Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Regulations and Security Directives, Port Authority (PA) Audit requirements, Air Terminal Rules and Chief Security Office's procedures. Respond to specific PA and TSA audits and take appropriate corrective action.
3. Retrieve and review FBI Criminal History Records Checks (CHRC) and TSA Security Threat Assessment (STA) results for each applicant. Determine eligibility and approve/deny access level requests to secured areas of the airport.
4. Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with the TSA, Transportation Security Clearinghouse, Customs and Border Patrol (CBP), Port Authority Police Department (PAPD), other federal agencies, airport community, and other PA departments for efficient and effective security operations.
5. Review/Maintain/Develop ID Card Office Reports, Metrics, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
6. Conduct internal audits to ensure compliance of multiple programs to include the Issuing Officers (IO) program, badge reverse audits; Key and Lock Program, and adherence to TSA security directives and PA policies.
7. Manage or assist in implementation of new or enhanced security systems and/or projects/programs.
8. Generate and distribute security information in accordance with the PA's Information Security Handbook.
9. Assist in strategic planning on all matters involving the Airport Security Program (ASP). Provide input and feedback with regard to facility procedures and future airport initiatives.
10. Monitor status and address inquiries or problems regarding credential applications. Contact customers and communicate with airport community, PA employees and other stakeholders regarding credentialing matters and regulatory requirements. Ensure excellent level of customer service is provided by contract staff.
11. Manage and ensure proper auditable documentation is maintained regarding applications and dispositions per regulatory requirements.
12. Meet with prospective airlines, tenants, and contractors to review the new company packages and Airport ID card procedures and PA policies.
13. Administer and update the Airport ID Badge office website as a customer service tool.
14. Assist in airport emergency assignments including snow. Position may require rotating shifts and on call evening and weekend work.
15. Participate on security industry working groups involving research and report writing, airport credentialing process and implementation of TSA Security Directives. Participate and/or lead PA security meetings.
16. Perform company access control point changes to Computerized Access Control Security (CACS) System database and other trusted administrator functions.
17. Manage and track accounting for lost, non-returned ID Card payments (applicants/tenants to PA Treasury) and supporting paperwork.
18. Coordinate airport employee security committees and develop informational material and security awareness promotions.
19. Assist PAPD, the Office of Inspector General (OIG) and other law enforcement agencies in special security investigations.
20. Review and approve/deny daily stop list and escort letters.
21. Coordinate with other PA airports to ensure consistent regulatory compliance.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
+ A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Security, Public Administration, Business Administration, Aviation Management or other related field and some relevant experience working in airport operations, airport security, or other airport management or
+ A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in airport operations, airport security, or other airport management experience
+ Must be able to obtain TSA secret security clearance after hiring.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
+ Three or more years of supervisory experience.
+ Knowledge of and/or familiarity with Transportation Security Administration Security Regulations 49 CFR 1540, 1542, and 1544.
+ Knowledge of and/or familiarity with Air Terminal Rules and Regulations, especially with regard to security.
+ Knowledge of and/or familiarity with Port Authority Airport Security ID Card Program, audit program, and security standard operating procedures.
+ Knowledge of and/or ability to learn Port Authority and Aviation operating policies and procedures including those related to contract administration, budgeting, staffing, and contract development.
+ Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
+ Demonstrated ability to identify problems and develop long-term solutions.
+ Demonstrated ability to multi-task while providing outstanding customer service.
+ Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance objectives and measures.
+ Ability to effectively interact with internal and external management and governmental agencies.
+ Strong, proven, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
+ Proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs, specifically, Excel, Outlook, Word and Power Point.
+ Excellent analytical skills
+ Knowledge of Title 14 CFR Part 139, pertaining to airport safety, certification and operations
+ Demonstrated knowledge and experience with various computerized systems
+ Demonstrated knowledge and experience with PA SAP billing and payment system
+ Demonstrated knowledge of the PA's Memorandum of Justification (MJ) and Board of Commissioners authorization process
**Compensation & Benefits**
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
**How To Apply**
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
**About The Port Authority**
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
**EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER**
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.