The home health aide assists home health professional staff in the care of the patient by providing hands-on personal care to the patient or services needed to maintain the patient’s health or facilitate treatment of the patient’s illness or injury under a plan of care prescribed by a licensed professional.
This position will cover all nine counties: Newton, Morgan, Jasper, Rockdale, Clark, Madison, Jackson, Farrow & Oconee
Responsible for the provision of hands-on personal care and services to maintain the patient’s health or facilitate treatment of the patient’s illness or injury.
• Provides hands-on care and services in accordance with current standards of practice, infection prevention measures, applicable law and regulation and in compliance with Piedmont Home Health policies and procedures.
• Follows the home health aide care plan prescribed by a licensed professional
• Functions under the direction of the licensed professional to proactively meet the needs of, and assist the patient in, the achievement of individualized, defined and measurable goals.
• Regularly communicates with the licensed professional regarding patient needs or changes in the patient’s status.
• Practices skilled home health aide services in accordance with scope of practice prescribed by the State and/or third party payers.
• Provides direct patient care primarily for patients age adolescence through geriatric.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Requires dependable transportation.
• Ability to use computers and electronic documentation systems to document care provided accurately and timely.
• Honest, dependable and able to report for duty as scheduled.
• Ability to organize day and manage time effectively without constant supervision.
• Uses agency supplies and resources wisely.
• Maintains a successful annual completion of selected nursing assistant competencies.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, patients, medical staff and the public.
• Uses good judgment in communicating with the patient and/or family and/or caregiver.
• Ability to recognize limits of authority required of a nursing assistant in a Medicare skilled home
Ability to react calmly and effectively in unexpected or emergency situations.
• Ability to set priorities and use good judgment in communicating with the patient and/or family and/or caregiver.
• Must be able to understand specific theories and concepts (infection control, culture of safety, cultural diversity) pertaining to routine tasks.
• Must be able to remember multiple tasks, pay attention to details and assignments without being prompted.
RequirementsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: High school graduate or equivalent. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum one year experience as a certified nurse assistant in skilled home health agency, hospital, nursing home or SNF. MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW: Current active certification on the Georgia Nurse Aide Registry required. ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Valid Georgia Driver’s License require
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.
Home Health opening in , Georgia. This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Client in GA seeking REGISTERED NURSE I (RN) to work Ho…Read More
Home Health opening in Winder, Georgia. This and other lpn/lvn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com Client in GA seeking LICENSED PRACTICAL/VOCA…Read More
DEPARTMENT: Valdosta GI FACILITY: Valdosta GI Clinic, Valdosta, GA WORK TYPE: Full TimeSHIFT: Day ShiftHOURS: VariedGENERAL SUMMARYProvides professio…Read More
Title:Caregiver/Home Health Aide (Clarke/Oconee/Oglethorpe/Madison Counties)Job Category:CaregiverLine of Business:All Ways Caring ServicesBranding: …Read More