Compensation: $201,220.00 - $201,220.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is comprised of over 3,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
The Mental Health Service Corps (MHSC) is a shared program between the Office of Population Health and Office of Behavioral Health and provides a training ground for early career social workers in diverse health care practices across NYC Health + Hospitals, allowing them to earn valuable clinical experience while receiving ongoing training and structured supervision. 30 trainees are placed in primary care practices throughout the system, providing integrated behavioral health treatment through the Collaborative Care model, a team-based care model whose goal is to expand access to behavioral health treatment where services may not otherwise be available. Placements may be in adult primary care, pediatrics, geriatrics, HIV services or women s health.
Reporting to the MHSC Medical Director in OPH, MHSC Medical Director-Psychiatry, and Directors of Psychiatry at assigned facilities, the MHSC Child & Adolescent Consulting Psychiatrist will support behavioral healthcare in primary care clinics using the Collaborative Care model, an evidence-based, treatment to target model of care that uses systematic monitoring of symptoms and a stepped care approach to treatment of common conditions such as depression and anxiety. The psychiatrist will be one member of a Collaborative Care team which includes a Collaborative Care Clinician (social worker) and a primary care physician, at several clinics across NYC Health + Hospitals.
- Providing regularly scheduled (weekly) caseload consultation to the Collaborative Care Clinicians (social workers) focused primarily on patients who are new to the caseload or who are not improving as expected under current treatment plan
- Working with Collaborative Care Clinicians to oversee the status and population health of their assigned patient caseload, including prioritizing patients for case review and treatment adjustment by reviewing the patient registry
- Recommending treatment adjustments through the case review process or in ad hoc consultations, including medication recommendations and other interventions
- Documenting treatment recommendations, as needed, in the medical record
- Advising on treatment for patients who may need more intensive or more specialized mental health care, as well as supporting treatment in the medical setting until patient can be engaged in specialty care as appropriate
- Providing ad hoc telephone consultation to medical providers for complex patients or challenging patient situations via phone
- Occasionally and as needed, providing direct evaluation of patients with significant diagnostic or therapeutic challenges who are identified in discussion with the Collaborative Care Clinician and/or primary care provider and documenting appropriately in the medical record
- Developing and delivering in service training for primary care providers and staff
- Assist primary care clinics on workflow management and practice transformation toward a Collaborative Care model
- MD or DO from an accredited medical or osteopathy school
- Completion of ACGME accredited psychiatry residency program
- Board certified or eligible in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- NYS License and DEA Certificate
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting
- Able to quickly synthesize medical and psychiatric data and formulate effective and evidence-based clinical recommendations
- Experience with Collaborative Care and/or consultation-liaison psychiatry preferred
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Associated topics: antibody, bacteria, diet, drug, food scientist, healthcare, histologist, immunology, nutrition, transfection
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...