Compensation: $87,260.00 - $127,670.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi our teams accommodate more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
Under the direction of the Director of Rehabilitation Medicine and/or Physiatry prescription the Staff Occupational Therapist:
- Performs all Occupational Therapy clinical tasks including initial evaluation, treatment, re-evaluation, and discharge summary
- Keeps patient records; Participates in Departmental Statistical Surveys, Performance Improvement Projects, In-services, and Patient Rounds
- Is a Clinical Instructor in the Occupational Therapy Student and Volunteer Programs
Under the direction of the Occupational Therapy Supervisor, the Staff Occupational Therapist:
- Manages and maintains the Inpatient Division, Outpatient Division, and the Environment of Care; Orders and maintains supplies and equipment
- Has opportunities to rotate through the Bedside Therapy Department, Acute Rehab Department and Out-Patient Department
- Must be willing to work an alternate schedule, Tuesday to Saturday, with occasional holiday coverage.
- Unrestricted NYS License OT
- Is a graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy school and is licensed in New York State
- Demonstrates population specific, and skill specific competences as an Occupational Therapist, verified through direct observation, verbalization of knowledge, and demonstration of skills
- Communicates effectively in professional oral, written and computer language, and is basically computer and Internet literate
- Is committed to continued professional growth
- Experience with all ages
- In-hospital experience an advantage
- Experience with acute trauma and stroke is a plus
- New graduates will be considered
Associated topics: cht, certified occupational therapy assistant, cota, ffs, newborn care specialist, occupational, occupational therapist, occupational therapist ot, therapist, therapist ot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...