Senior Brand Activation Manager, The Glenlivet, Chivas, Beefeater, Redbreast
Pernod Ricard USA
: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Position Title: Senior Brand Activation Manager, Spirits Marketing
Position Location: New York City, NY
An opportunity to play a leading role on an outstanding portfolio of brands which are key to the growth of Pernod Ricard USA. Portfolio includes: The Glenlivet which is breaking conventions in Single Malt & the #2 driver of growth at Pernod Ricard USA, the blended whiskey staple, Chivas Regal, who boasts an exciting partnership with Manchester United, Redbreast, the #1 Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey & Beefeater Gin, the only London Dry Gin still made in the city of London. With exciting things happening on all of the brands, a robust innovation strategy and a trade advocacy force of 100+ individuals; this represents an opportunity to build and execute programming with a high level of impact and reach.
The Senior Brand Activation Manager will play a critical role on the headquarters marketing team as the bridge between strategic planning and in-market execution. As a key representative of all SWAG brands (Scotch, Whiskey & Gin) and with oversight to all markets nationally, this individual must be highly skilled communicator with the business acumen to collaborate with and influence various cross functional stakeholders (i.e. PRUSA Sales, Field Activation, Chains Division, Brand Marketing, Finance, Senior Sales and Marketing Leadership, Operations and Support Agencies).
The Senior Brand Activation Manager will lead the delivery of \"Below the Line\" strategies & programs to the sales teams for priority brands, in line with the brand's strategy and tailored to meet market & customer needs.
You will manage a team of Brand Activation Managers and is responsible for assisting and driving the field to ensure programs are effectively planned, localized, executed & recapped.
You will also be responsible for identifying opportunities & driving brand specific programming initiatives with the Chains team.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Manage & develop a team of Brand Activation Managers across priority markets. * Develop channel specific tools and tactics, in close collaboration with Brand Management team, in line with each brand's strategy and objectives. Partner with Brand Managers and the Brand Engagement team on briefing and managing creative agency to design/adapt all necessary \"Below the Line\" brand assets. * Lead HQ support and guidance for a major footprint-state(s) & chains including the localization & market-level execution of brand plans through a regular communication flow. Oversee activation playbooks, priority calendars and selling tools to ensure they are catered to relevant channels & subchannels allowing for effective localization. * Ensure upfront alignment with Sales teams, by integrating their feedback and needs early in the process, through regular communication and direct in Market field observation. * Manage market specific HQ Activation A&P budgets across the portfolio in partnership with the Market Activation Managers and Directors. Ensure that A&P is optimized in each market to deliver against the annual plan objectives. * Analyze performance of each program and derive learnings from it, in collaboration with Brand Management and Field Sales teams. * Analyze competitors' activations, in collaboration with Sales teams across different Markets. * The role requires a deep understanding of the U.S. On-Premise & Off-Premise universe and dynamics, as well as wide knowledge of Adult Beverage brand activations in that channel. It also expects strong relationships, communication and influence with internal stakeholders, namely Brand Marketing teams, Division/Chains/Field Marketing & Sales teams, Digital and Prestige teams, as well as with external agencies.
This position may travel up to 40% of the time.
* Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field. MBA is a plus. * Minimum of 5-7 years' experience, minimum 2 years U.S. Adult Beverage experience. Trade Marketing, Marketing and/or Sales experience required. Strong presentation / communication skills. * Willingness to relocate to NY area if not currently residing there.
* Experience in developing brand activations. * Experience in managing agencies. * Experience in managing experiential agencies. * Experience in Adult beverage sales. * Experience in project management and ability to work within a cross-functional team of diverse stakeholders. * Experience managing a team * Event and/or experiential marketing a plus. * Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; particularly skillful in Excel & PowerPoint * Fluency in written and spoken English
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company's leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT? Vodka, Chivas Regal? Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet? Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson? Irish Whiskey, Malibu?, Kahl?a? Liqueur, Beefeater? Gin, and Avi?n? Tequila (through a joint venture with Tequila Avi?n); such superior wines as Jacob's Creek? and Brancott Estate?; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jou?t? Champagne, G.H. Mumm? Champagne and Mumm Napa? sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry - and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
* Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. * Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.