PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgical Technologist - CVOR for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 10 Hours.
Req ID: 161210
This position is responsible for assisting the Surgical team during operative procedures by performing a variety of technical duties to primarily assist in responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the operative patient.
1. Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
2. Understand and apply the principles of asepsis. Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
3. Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
4. Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assists with clean-up and room turnover.
5. Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
6. Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise designated)
Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology school or recognized course of training as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
If LPN, graduation from an accredited LPN program is required.
One year experience as a surgical technologist/LPN in a full service operating room preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient s needs.
CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) preferred.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
Registered Surgical Technologist or LPN license.
Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others
Ability to execute detailed procedures with accuracy and precision
Basic computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
Understanding of operating room protocols
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires moderate physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
Associated topics: ascp, blood collection, laboratory, medical technologist, mls, mlt, molecular, technician, technician iii, testing