* Active participation in patient care including anticipatory preparation for health maintenance and chronic health care needs, obtaining histories and vital signs, arranging referral and diagnostic testing appointments, doing phlebotomy including proper identification and handling of specimens, doing EKG's and performing other procedures as determined relevant to the individual patient. * Demonstrates critical thinking skills concerning appropriate documentation of allergies, medication updates, immunizations, past medical history diagnoses and any other information that is added to the medical record of an individual patient. * Demonstrates an understanding of the current and future needs of the patient in both chronic care and health maintenance and is able to use decision making skills to help patients meet those needs following appropriate protocols. * Overall responsibility for the flow of the provider's patient care session, able to make decisions concerning adding a patient to the schedule, providing needed information to the front staff concerning the work flow in the patient care area and keeping the provider informed of issues that effect the efficiency of care during the session. * Supports patient care and the health care team by anticipating administrative functions requiring support including but not limited to preparing prior authorizations, participating with the approval process for medications as appropriate, monitoring clinical messaging, supporting providers with completion of patient follow up letters, updating the medical record with patient information under the guidance of the provider. * Demonstrates a strong sense of shared responsibility to maintain a beautiful and orderly practice environment. * Depending on organization of roles within the practice, may share responsibility with other medical assistants for the quality, safety and laboratory check systems in the clinical environment including Quality Assurance for Point of Care testing. * Depending on organization of roles within the practice, may share responsibility for appropriate monitoring and stocking of supplies for the clinical and administrative needs of the practice.
* Excellent interpersonal communication and skills whether in person, via the telephone and/or in writing.
* Superior service attitude
* Compassionate and kind
* Energetic and upbeat.
* Works well both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
* Demonstrates intellectual independence and initiative and has a desire to learn and develop new skills and better methods of completing work efforts.
* Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to organize time and priorities effectively, asking for direction when appropriate.
* Flexibility and proven ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Experience with common PC computer software including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Outlook, reference management software.
* Excellent sense of humor.
* Comfortable in a practice environment/culture that promotes ongoing change toward process improvement.
Associated topics: bilingual, care physician, family, family medicine, family practice physician, physician, practice, primary, primary care, urgent
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.