Paragon Bioservices is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) whose focus is the development and manufacturing of cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals. We provide industry-leading GMP development and manufacturing services for cutting-edge biopharmaceuticals such as recombinant viral vectors, next generation vaccines & hard-to-express recombinant proteins and oncolytic viruses. Paragon's scientists, engineers, quality experts, manufacturing operators and program managers are experts working with biologics from research and process development to GMP manufacturing for clinical trials and commercial launch.
Paragon Bioservices is seeking qualified interns and student co-ops to support rapid growth of the company. Our internships and co-ops provide in-depth, targeted on-the-job training and ongoing mentorship to help future talent maximize their potential.
The Intern candidate must have a strong basic science background including biology and chemistry. The candidate must have a solid grasp of basic concepts and be willing and capable to learn in a fast-paced environment. Interest in protein expression and/or viral particle analysis is desired. The candidate must have excellent record-keeping, documentation, written and verbal communication skills. We are seeking someone creative and energetic who is interested in learning assay development and execution in support of client projects and works well in a team environment. Previous research/laboratory experience is highly desirable. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participation in projects focused on the development of methods for production of therapies for rare and orphan diseases
- Instrument care, maintenance, troubleshooting and data collection
- May interact with instrument-based methods, including HPLC, UPLC and qPCR
- Document writing, data interpretation, presentation, basic statistical analysis and trending
Timeline & Next Steps
- Completed at least 3 semesters of undergraduate studies and had at least one laboratory course in any of the following: Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or Biochemistry.
- Should have ability to perform DNA/RNA gel electrophoresis
- Should be able to perform basic protein characterization techniques: SDS-PAGE, Western Blot and protein quantification assays
- Knowledge of enzymatic based assays such as ELISA
- Previous laboratory experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, microscopy, cell culture, sterile technique and related methodologies is preferred
- Prior internship experience preferred
This is a 3-month internship and will begin in early June 2019. Please submit your application by 11:59 PM EST on March 22, 2019. Applicants will be contacted on a rolling basis.
Paragon Bioservices is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Associated topics: aseptic, bacteria, biomedical, histologist, industrial hygienist, nutrition, pharmaceutical, pharmacology, pharmacy, trauma