\"I never met anyone who likes their Health Insurance company,\" Elizabeth Warren, Democratic Primaries, September 2019.
Turns out, some people do. Oscar members, to be specific.
Our members are 60% more likely to recommend us to their friends and family than the rest of the industry. Three out of every four members come back to us, year after year. We've been ranked #1 by Best Company as a top health insurer.
In short, Oscar is not like other health insurance companies. We don't look or act like they do. We are a challenger brand in an entrenched, broken industry that is badly in need of fixing.
There's never been a more crucial time for Oscar to build brand awareness, differentiate itself from the competition and cut through the industry (and political) noise. This year we will double our footprint for the third consecutive year - expanding to 15 States for 2020. As Oscar continues to challenge industry norms, it has an important story to share with its members. Earned media will be a central part of this effort.
Oscar's Marketing and Communications team is looking for a creative, eager, and tireless communications professional with a deep interest in telling stories that directly impact peoples' lives. In this new role, you will be responsible for crystallizing our value proposition to consumers, developing an effective strategy to reach consumers through earned media, and telling meaningful stories that consumers care about.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Building a strategic communications calendar of story ideas we should be telling at key moments and a bank of evergreen ideas we should be proactively pitching to the media regularly * Developing comprehensive and thoughtful media plans that incorporate how we will leverage owned, social, and paid content to amplify our reach * Keeping a close pulse on the media landscape and important cultural events to know what reporters are interested in and how we can insert ourselves * Collaborating across teams to unearth new story ideas and staying up to date on key trends that are defining Oscar's member engagement strategy
Who are you?
* You are a thoughtful story teller who enjoys the challenge of distilling complex issues into digestible, consumer-oriented stories * You are a pitch machine who loves the thrill of working with reporters and has a few close contacts on speed dial * You are an executor, able to take ownership of projects and run independently * You are a team player, excited about being part of a small team with big ambitions, and ready to role up your sleeves
Other qualifications include:
* BA/BS, preferably in a related field * 3-5 years of experience in communications - experience in a high-growth and fast-paced environment a plus * An innovated mentality, creative, strategic thinker and with an interest in technology * Superior communication (oral and written, including editing) and interpersonal skills * High level of independence, energy and integrity, including demonstrated respect for a diversity of opinions and styles * Proven ambassador of culture and innovative content and delivery generator
Above all else:
* Friendly, thoughtful, and kind. * Humility, maturity, and lack of ego. * Always a point of view and an open mind.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (...@hioscar.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.