Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare. We work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next generation consumer experiences, technology and infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations and processes, and lots more. And we work alongside some of the most talented technologists out there, with Product, Engineering and Design forming a tight, high-performing team.
As a Director of Product, you'll play a key role in telling the Oscar story, explaining the unique value of Oscar's products, and overseeing the experience as we enroll buyers into members. You'll work closely with our Marketing and Sales teams to support Oscar's expansion and go-to-market strategies across all lines of business and ensure our Product roadmap is tailored to support those strategies. Your surface area spans from our digital marketing website to membership acquisition with all of the complicated interactions in between.
We'd love to hear about your experiences and interests to see what would be a great fit for you!
* Experienced. You have been a product manager and managed product managers for >7-10+ years and can coach and mentor individuals from fresh grads to senior PMs
* A fast learner. Healthcare is complicated; you're curious by nature and excited to get into the details and become an expert in health insurance infrastructure, from how claims are processed to how payments flow through the healthcare system.
* Strategic and analytical. You can turn new, vague ideas into implementable projects and identify new opportunities that move the needle. You use data to clarify decisions wherever possible (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
* An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem and create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational and system details.
* Design focused:
* Empathetic. You understand other disciplines and bring everyone together using clear communication and strong structured thinking.
* Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we can't fix all of them at once! Where will you start and why?
* Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, and other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others and can also take the lead on larger cross-functional projects.
* Organized. You are a natural at project managing multiple small and large projects at the same time and getting things done.
* Above all: you are mature, open-minded, and nice. (No jerks allowed!)
Your day-to-day will include:
* Owning the product roadmap for our marketing website, digital acquisition channels and member onboarding and communicating with stakeholders across the business from our leadership committee to department leads to individuals working on the teams
* Collaborating with Engineering and Product leadership to make resource decisions
* Partnering with Marketing to drive the development of HiOscar.com to: * Tell the Oscar story and explain the Oscar products
* Execute on lead generation and advertising campaigns
* Support content marketing and drive users to our product
* Ensuring that consistent process is being applied across the growth tech teams
* Mentoring, coaching and providing support to a team of PMs and SPMs
* Coordinating and organizing work across multiple perspectives and functions within Oscar.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (...@hioscar.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.