Senior Financial Analyst
Are you looking for a company that cares about people s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We re currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join us in our Southborough, MA office.
Let s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Senior Financial Analyst will provide a strong support role in the strategy development and planning process for new and existing products with an emphasis on product profitability. This includes the coordination of the global revenue plan consolidation and related gross margin analysis. He/She will collaborate with Marketing to assess market and procedure group opportunities. The incumbent will maintain the long-term planning business model for revenue and cost of goods. The Senior Financial Analyst will assess strategic impact on operations, analyzing P&L impact. The incumbent will also manage key reporting and analysis requirements.
As a Senior Financial Analyst working on the Corporate Analytics and Portfolio Management team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will contribute to our mission by strong analytics, critical thinking, collaboration and solution driven attitude. A typical day for you will include:
* Supervising gross margin analysis of forecasts to identify and predict long-term changes in sales volumes, product mix and product profitability.
* Identifying shortfalls to Corporate Strategic Plans and support Marketing and Sales Business Centers (SBCs) in implementing mitigation plans and identifying new product opportunities to grow business.
* Supporting Executive Director of Strategy and Portfolio Planning with market and procedure group strategy development, partnering with Marketing, Business Intelligence, SBCs and cross-functional OSTA team.
* Partnering with managers by providing analysis tools that will allow functional areas to evaluate and choose between strategic and tactical options, define measurements of success and the related target key performance metrics (KPIs).
* Providing reporting and analysis of results against KPIs.
* Communicating changes in projected sales quantities to Operations management.
* Highlighting fluctuations against individual plant targets.
* Collaborating with executive team on manufacturing strategy through scenario planning and analysis.
* Measuring results against Corporate Strategic Plan.
* Managing the gathering of the OSTA annual and long-term revenue plan, including transfer pricing and standard cost data for upload into financial systems and other analytical tools.
* Conducting the quarterly forecast and annual budgeting process for revenue and gross margin, providing consolidated results, and assisting in preparation of presentations for Sr. Management review.
* Coordinating communication of new product launch dates and related changes to Senior Financial Analysts supporting product development teams.
* Partnering with Marketing, Operations and Purchasing on product discontinuation strategy.
* Providing strong support to Hyperion Margin Cube design and implementation, design reports (both in Hyperion and MicroStrategy) for various management reviews.
* Serving as financial lead on project teams (especially operational cost saving projects), perform financial modelling to facilitate investment decisions, validate financial data, and work with teams to control and forecast project spend.
* Performing all other essential duties as directed.
* Bachelor's Degree is required in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA is preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of financial experience, preferably in a corporate setting.
* Prior management experience a plus.
* Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
* Strong analytical skills and understands the consolidation of financial data for a business with multiple business units.
* Well developed problem-solving capabilities.
* Exhibits the change agent mindset and leadership characteristics to support business transformation.
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools, Excel, Power Point and Word, as well as financial reporting tools such as, Hyperion, Oracle, MicroStrategy and database tools.
We realize work isn t just a job to you.
It s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Southborough GYR ACMI Inc
Auto req ID
Olympus Surgical Technology America
At Olympus, we put a lot of good back into the world, and what we do really matters. We are committed to making people s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling every day by crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies, microscopy, industrial solutions, cameras, and audio recorders.
We view our relationship with and commitment to our employees with the same passion. Everything we do at Olympus is a reflection of our vision, and everyone here helps to make it a reality. We re invested in our employees, great ideas, and how they impact the communities around us. We see the world through multiple lenses and come together to find the right answers; the best solutions.
THAT S OLYMPUS.
TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY. TRUE TO LIFE.
Olympus Surgical Technology America
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Loading some great jobs for you...