Senior Software Engineering Manager, Human Loop - AI
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
NVIDIA has become the platform upon which every new AI-powered application is built. From big challenging healthcare research applications to autonomous vehicles, or voice-recognition systems, the need for advanced perception and cognitive capabilities is exploding... and NVIDIA is right in the center of this revolution.
We are now looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to work on our AI Infrastructure team in Santa Clara. Our team is responsible for providing infrastructure and tools to scale the development of complex Machine Learning / Deep Learning pipelines to enable Autonomous Vehicle development (NVIDIA Drive). Such ML/DL pipelines rely heavily on humans-in-the-loop, to annotate raw data, and teach machines what to predict. To enable this, software is required to manage human annotators, and data pipelines to feed into the annotation workflow.
What you will be doing:
* Manage and lead a software engineering team to build and extend our human-in-the-loop platform, a complex ecosystem of web UIs and microservices, which are currently deployed to a large labeling operation, and requires continuous feature development, as well as end-to-end workflow optimization.
* Collaborate with a diverse team of front and back-end engineers as well as machine learning, deep learning experts.
* Create human-in-the-loop and management interfaces at the frontier of what is possible in machine learning today and getting a front seat view of the action in this very hot space from a team and a company driving the progress at the cutting edge.
What we need to see:
* BS or MS in computer science, human-computer interaction, ECE, EE or a related field.
* 12+ years of experience in web/user-facing application development, 6+ years of experience as an engineering manager
* Solid experience building and upgrading complex enterprise scale web enabled applications.
* Solid experience with software architecture as well as operations / managing live-running software
* Solid experience running A/B tests to live test new features
* Knowledge of REST APIs
* Web stack backend: Postgres, SQL, MongoDB, redis,
* Knowledge of AWS tools and capabilities
* Comfortable with a customer focused, high paced environment.
* Well versed in agile methodology.
* Experience in software shipping cycles (dev, deploy, release, CI) and open-source software dev.
* You are highly motivated, passionate and curious about new technologies and take pride in your work and strive to achieve incredible results.
* You possess excellent communication and planning skills.
* Ability to work successfully with multi-functional teams, principals and architects. Coordinates effectively across organizational boundaries and geographies.
GPU computing is the most productive and pervasive platform for deep learning and AI. It begins with the most advanced GPUs and the systems and software we build on top of them. We integrate and optimize every deep learning framework. We work with the major systems companies and every major cloud service provider to make GPUs available in data centers and in the cloud and we create computers and software to bring AI to edge devices, such as self-driving cars and autonomous robots
With deep learning, we can teach AI to do almost anything. New internet services, like Google Assistant, have learned speech from sound and provide a more natural way to access information. Self-driving cars use deep learning to recognize the space the car inhabits, the lanes in which it drives, and the objects to avoid. In healthcare, neural networks trained with millions of medical images can find clues in MRIs that until now could only be found through invasive biopsies. These are just a few examples. AI will spur a wave of social progress unmatched since the industrial revolution.
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world working for us. Are you creative and autonomous? Do you love a challenge? If so, we want to hear from you. Come, join our AI Infrastructure team and help us build the real-time, cost-effective computing platform driving our success in this dynamic and quickly growing field.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
Loading some great jobs for you...