We're looking for people who put their innovation work to advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
What YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
In this position, you will get to:
* Achieve Sales goals for CADDY Commercial Electrical and Datacom solutions in the NYC Metro by successfully converting new business, primarily from projects and new product sales * Actively manage sales agents, aligning goals with territory strategy * Build relationships across all levels of key end user customers and distributor partners * Provide expertise in use of products and coordinate training of key contractors * Deliver and refine presentations and lead discussions highlighting our benefits and value propositions * Develop sales strategies and tactical plans to achieve regional sales targets. * Actively communicate competitive feedback and market dynamics internally to help further improve solution set and refine message * Use Salesforce as a tool to manage opportunity pipeline and communicate feedback internally
* Academic background in Bachelor's Degree, technical preferred * Previous experience in or with * Extensive knowledge of Electrical Industry * Minimum 5 years outside Sales and/or territory management * Experience working with end user customers on projects * Managing direct reports and/or sales agents
* Skills * Demonstrated achievement in sales and business development * Strong teamwork * Organizational and time management
* Abilities to meet the physical and environmental demands: * Travel 60% within region. Overnight trip vary, mostly day trips given condensed size of region.
* A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day * We are a $2.1 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 9,000 people, across more than 80 global locations * We have a robust portfolio of product brands dating back more than 100 years and including: nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER
* Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work * We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide * Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
* Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being: * Innovative & adaptable * Dedicated to absolute integrity * Focused on the customer first * Respectful and team oriented * Optimistic and energizing * Accountable for performance
* Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. We are a dedicated team of 9,000 people and trusted brands such as CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation, quality and reliability, our products connect and protect, consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers. While our name may be new, our products have set the standards for quality for more than a century.
Associated topics: day camp, evangelism, host, neighborhood, school, spring, summer, summer camp, unit, vacation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.