Environmental Aide - Environmental Services - Part-Time - Day Shfit 7:30am-4:00pm Including Weekends
Compensation: $85,746.67 - $129,160.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Brooklyn, New York
Day (United States of America)
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Environmental Aide is responsible for cleaning and maintaining assigned patient and non-patient areas according to standardized procedures of the department. The Environmental Aide utilizes mechanical equipment, tools, chemical solutions and cleaning supplies.
* One-year cleaning experience in an institutional/commercial setting.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Basic computer literacy.
* Must read, write, speak and understand English.
* Knowledge of industrial cleaning maintenance equipment such as high-speed floor burnishers, extractors and groundskeeper equipment.
* Must know recycling and hazardous waste guidelines.
* Ability to lift heavy objects and able to stand for long periods of time; work requires standing, walking, and manual dexterity. Must be able to lift, pull and push 10 pounds at intervals.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
* #1 in New York, \"America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020.\" - U.S.News & World Report
* 2019 \"Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.\" - Glassdoor
* 2019 \"Employees' Choice: Top CEOs\" - Glassdoor
* 2019 \"America's Best Employers in New York State\" - Forbes
* 2019 \"150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.\" - Becker's Healthcare
* 2018 \"Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals\" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Associated topics: agrosciences, air monitoring, bioassay, biodiversity, environment, environmental, epa, farm, sustainable, waste
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...