Asian Language Specialist - Asian Health Institute - Day Shift 10:00am-6:00pm Including Some Weekend
Employment Type: Full-Time
Brooklyn, New York
Day Flex (United States of America)
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, under the direction and supervision of the Director, the Asian Language Specialist provides interpreter services, assists patients, families and staff with problems and concerns. Assures implementation of Patient Rights.
* Foreign Language or Certificate of Completion in an interpreter Training Program.
* 1 year of healthcare experience in a hospital setting.
* Bachelor's Degree (equivalent experience will be considered in place of Bachelor's Degree).
* Verbal and written fluency in Chinese.
* Must be able to read and write legibly in English.
* Must be able to read, write and interpret information in English.
* Must have strong communication skills, written and verbal.
* Knowledge of Microsoft office and all of its programs (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint).
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
* #1 in New York, \"America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020.\" - U.S.News & World Report
* 2019 \"Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice.\" - Glassdoor
* 2019 \"Employees' Choice: Top CEOs\" - Glassdoor
* 2019 \"America's Best Employers in New York State\" - Forbes
* 2019 \"150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare.\" - Becker's Healthcare
* 2018 \"Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals\" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
Loading some great jobs for you...