External Wholesaler - Business Development Consultant
New York Life
: $71,850.00 - $128,680.00 /year *
Loading some great jobs for you...
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses \"Be Good At Life.\" To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
The Business Development Consultant (BDC) is responsible for achieving andexceeding the assigned territory (Northeast Zone) and individual GeneralOffice's Worksite sales objectives. BDCs deliver sales concepts, productinformation, and provide technical guidance to New York Life Agents in aneffort to drive new sales through our Employee Whole Life and EmployeeBenefit products. Competitive Compensation includes base salary and salesincentives.
* Work closely with agents who are part of a captive agency sales force todevelop and maintain strong business relationships.
* Develop a strong command of New York Lifes products and salesprocesses through Worksite planning.
* Introduce new product enhancements to field management and agentswith particular emphasis on individual and business needs.
* Deliver sales presentations to both agents and clients.
* Provide sales support and product information through individual face-to-facemeetings as well as with large group sessions.
* Proactively work with the General Office management.
* Increase Worksite sales in assigned Zone to achieve company sales goals
* Provide regular written reports on field activity.
* BDCs are supported by an internal wholesaler and Home Office staff. Theposition requires significant travel (estimated at approximately 75-85%).
* Bachelors Degree preferred
* Current Life and Health license required
* Series 6 and 63 (obtain within 60 days)
* Minimum 5 years of field experience as an agent, wholesaler, recruiterand/or trainer
* The candidate must be a motivated and energetic individual with the abilityto drive his/her objectives relatively autonomously.
* A broad and comprehensive knowledge of the worksite market, withunderstanding of the sales process and the dynamics of selling employeebenefits.
* Excellent communication skills are essentialessential.
* Insurance industry designations (CLU, ChFC, CFP etc) strongly preferred.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) ###-####.
SF:LI-MC1 Associated topics: b2b, device, distributor, equipment, inside sales, inventory, manufacture, warehouse, warehouse associate, wholesale
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.