The New York County District Attorney''s Office (DANY) has openings for paralegals throughout its Trial and Investigation Divisions. Paralegals provide a full-range of support to the Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs) in the prosecution of crime in Manhattan.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist ADAs in all aspects of investigations and trials.
- Communicate effectively with all staff, both orally and in writing.
- Compile and analyze case documents for hearings and trials.
- Coordinate case schedules with courts, law enforcement officials, witnesses, and defense attorneys.
- Draft correspondence and legal documents.
- Assist ADAs in the redaction and preparation of documents for e-discovery.
- Assist ADAs with proofreading, cite checking, and locating files and documents.
- Prepare court calendars.
- Testify before the Grand Jury, at trial and other judicial proceedings.
- Perform related administrative and clerical tasks.
- Excellent organization, communication, writing, and problem solving skills are essential.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Ability to learn, update and edit existing proprietary applications and quickly learn and use various computer - systems.
- Ability to work independently with frequent interruptions, manage deadlines and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Strong attention to detail and high concern for data accuracy.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff, court representatives, law enforcement representatives and witnesses.
- Fluency in a foreign language (particularly Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Fukienese) is helpful though not necessary.
- Bachelor''s degree required or expected by candidate''s start date.
- One (1) year commitment to the hiring bureau
The New York County District Attorney''s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer
by Jobble* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...