* Assist with the development of merchandise assortments, conduct sales analyses and manage product samples for assigned merchandise departments.
* Influence assortment and buy decisions by analyzing product performance and providing actionable business recommendations to Merchant or Associate Merchant.
* Attend sample fittings and provide recommendations to Technical Design on necessary alterations.
* Attend cross-functional meetings to review product selling, issues with deliveries, and potential liabilities. Present suggested solutions to ensure timely and consistent flow of merchandise.
* Partner with Visual Merchandising team on product placement to ensure that placement features key business drivers and aligns with the concept of the delivery.
* Review and analyze potential pricing promotions with Planning partners and provide recommendations to Merchant or Associate Merchant for approval.
* Prepare, update, organize and distribute weekly sales reports, provide analyses to Merchant or Associate Merchant, and participate in sales meetings.
* Assess customer buying trends and prepare comparison analyses, observations and recommendations.
* Track and monitor shipments, deliveries and samples.
* Manage and track all samples for assigned departments throughout the life cycle of the purchase order.
* Enter all purchase orders and reconcile against buy sheet.
* At least one year of experience in an Assistant Merchant role or comparable experience preferred.
* Fashion retail or related experience preferred.
* Strong financial and business acumen.
* Strong Excel skills.
* Sense of fashion trends.
* Excellent verbal and solid written communication skills.
* Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
* Assertive, energetic and results-driven.
* Well-organized and detail oriented.
Job Location NEW YORK, New York, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Apply Associated topics: machine, maker, manufacture, manufacturing, patternmaking, production, prototype, sewing, sewing machine operator, tailor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.