Neuberger Berman is seeking a highly motivated Summer Intern to join our North American Institutional Client Group (\"ICG\") for 8 weeks. ICG works directly with Neuberger Berman's Institutional partners including existing clients, prospective clients, and investment consultants. Summer Interns will partner with members of the ICG on client service, business development and consultant relationship management initiatives in addition to participating in the broader firm intern programming. Please note that the ICG Summer Intern position is 2 weeks longer than the broader firm internship program.
Institutional Client Group:
* Create internal meeting preparation materials for client advisors and investment teams
* Coordinate with Associates and Analysts to respond to ad-hoc client requests and work on strategic projects
* Help prepare materials for both internal and client/prospect meetings
* Analyze and collect the latest industry/market information to help identify target prospects
* Contribute to Salesforce data accuracy by monitoring client & consultant websites, auditing distribution lists, etc.
* Work with the members of the ICG to understand the institutional marketplace, current clients and prospects
Firm Intern Programming:
* Attend various firm panels throughout the internship focused on Neuberger Berman's lines of businesses and operations, including portfolio management, corporate divisions, research, alternatives and distribution
* Participate in various Learning and Engagement offerings including interviewing and presentation skills
* Corporate volunteer event with a select not-for-profit partner organization
* Research and assess the investment quality of a specific company in small groups. Over the course of the program, compile and analyze company/industry research and present a buy/sell/hold recommendation to a group of Neuberger Berman's senior portfolio managers
After the Internship:
* The goal of the ICG internship is to extend full-time offers to join our Business Development Rotational Analyst Program in New York to successful interns. The rotational training program is comprised of two 6-month rotations and is designed to prepare participants for career opportunities in Business Development within our North American Institutional Client Group.
* Rising senior come Summer 2020, with strong academic credentials (minimum GPA 3.2); all majors will be considered
* Resumes must be accompanied by cover letters
* Candidates should have an interest in the financial industry and be an energetic, motivated self-starter
* Strong sales orientation/aptitude and/or keen interest in institutional sales
* Excellent presentation and writing skills
* Ability to work independently and manage/prioritize multiple projects
* Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail-oriented
* Team-player with a collaborative attitude
* Experience within the Financial Services or Asset Management industry a plus
Neuberger Berman is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, creed, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact ...@nb.com. Associated topics: business advisory, business intelligence, business systems, business systems analyst, client, consultant, crm, information technology consultant, market, marketing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.