- Nascentia Health
- $83,450.00 -117,470.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
Note: This position is eligible for a $5,000 Sign-on/Retention Bonus. Restrictions apply, inquire for details.
The Care Manager position is a remote, dual role of telephone and in-home care management visits. Work from home with periodic patient visits and occasional meetings at the companys Syracuse office. Mileage will be compensated from your home at the IRS reimbursement rate. This opportunity is perfect for those who have previous case management or home care experience and live in Carlton, Murray, Barre Center, Medina, Batavia, Le Roy,Pembroke, Pavilion, Arcade, Dale, Pike, Strykersville, Silver Lake and surrounding areas!
Job Description: The RN is responsible for providing care management for a group of members through a collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation and advocacy for options and services to meet a member's health needs through communication and available resources. Develops comprehensive care plan for identified needs. Coordinates all of these services to ensure effective organization of long-term care and health-related services across the spectrum of community-, home-, and facility-based settings. Maintains member in the most independent living situation possible.
Performance Responsibilities and Standards:
* Conducts home/ facility visits for comprehensive health assessments/ reassessments to identify health and environmental needs.
* Revises and amends care plan as needed based on changes to the members physical, mental, or social wellbeing. This is done at least every 6 months or whenever a change occurs.
* Collaborates with members, develops their individualized short- and long-term goals.
* Uses approaches and tools to engage members and their families in self-management and self-activation.
* Utilizes care standards and strategies to develop comprehensive individualized care plan for identified needs. Provides services that are required to implement the care plan.
* Home visit to member minimally at least every three months and promotes quality cost-effective outcomes
* Performs minimally a monthly phone call to member to review care plan services and any health change status.
* Documents all member activity in the Medical record database on a timely basis and accurately and completely documents communications with care providers, network providers, members, families.
* Closely communicates and collaborates with member, their Primary Care Provider, interdisciplinary team, caregivers and family. Acts a liaison and member advocate
* Participates in care conferences with Medical Director on an as needed basis.
* Ensures consistent care along entire health care continuum by assessing and closely monitoring members' needs and status.
* Provides, authorizes and coordinates services within a capitated managed care system.
* Ensures compliance with all State and Federal regulations/requirements and participates in Quality Assurance and Improvement activities.
* Nursing: License and current registration as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State. Education: BSN preferred, Associates Degree required. One year of Nursing Experience preferred
* Long term care and/or managed care experience required
* Knowledge of homecare, Medicare and Medicaid preferred
* Case Management Certification preferred
* Bilingual skills preferred
* Ability to work independently, multiple assignments, prioritize workload.
* Strong communication skills person to person and by phone.
* Valid NYS drivers license and ability to drive in all types of weather
* Standing, sitting, bending, walking and driving (frequently entering and exiting vehicle throughout the day) are standard postures.
* Frequently uses a laptop computer to enter orders and obtain product information.
* Sensory requirements include speech, vision, smell, and hearing.
* Lifting requirements of up to 20 pounds.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive Salary with:
* Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401K with generous Employer match
* Tuition Reimbursement and Loan Repayment Assistance
* Paid Mileage/Fleet Vehicle (for employees who qualify)
* Exceptional work/life balance - no rotating shifts
* Partially funded HSA
* Paid Time Off, Holiday, and Sick Leave
* Employee recognition platform
* Company Cell Phone/Cell Phone Reimbursement (for employees who qualify)
* Free Learning Management System for ongoing Education
* Much More!!
About Nascentia Health:
Nascentia Health is leading the way in home care, post-acute care and long-term community health. A healthcare system without walls, Nascentia is an innovator in the concept of healthcare, truly focused on the patient as a whole. By serving people in their homes, Nascentia Health is able to provide true holistic care. We can address immediate needs, help support positive long term medical and lifestyle choices that provide for better outcomes, leverage cutting edge in-home care technologies, and help avoid unnecessary visits to busy healthcare facilities.
Our employees are our greatest asset. They work hard every day to make our system amazing and are dedicated to our mission of being the premier home and community-based care system for the regions we serve. We want everyone to love what they do, be excited about coming to work, and take pride in being part of our team.
Nascentia Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Employment is contingent upon negative results of a pre-hire drug screen
Associated topics: bsn, care unit, ccu, coronary, intensive, nurse, psychiatric, registed, surgery, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...