Temporary Jr. Animal Caretaker
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.Job ID
Einstein/Resnick - BronxPosting Date
Animal InstitutePosition Type
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation's premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein's major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty's consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art "hospital without beds", a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state's first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein's clinical faculty and training Einstein's medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
The Temporary Junior Animal Caretaker I
will provide for care of laboratory animals. The Caretaker will perform routine assignments requiring technical applications, or under direct supervision as a trainee will perform multiple assignments. Observe, report and monitor the health and comfort of a variety of species being used for biomedical research. Perform animal husbandry and sanitation as prescribed by federal laws and regulations, state law and IAS policy.
Duties will include:
- * Provide for care of laboratory animals in a humane, safe and sanitary manner using appropriate equipment and established procedures
- * Maintain a daily room activity log of each assigned room
- * Feed and water the animals daily and administer special diets and water according to specified protocols and directions
- * Change animal caging as scheduled or needed and clean animal rooms daily as assigned. Breakdown and sanitize animal quarters, service rooms, equipment and hallways as scheduled and assigned.
- * Observe animals for clinical signs of disease and behavioral changes and report observations using appropriate IAS forms
- * Observe and maintain proper cage densities in their assigned animal rooms
- * Report and correct any violation of cage density, guideline using established IAS cage density policies
- * Receive, transport and distribute incoming animals as specified by established animal receiving procedures
- * Operate and maintain the cage-washer, bottle washer, tunnel-washer, autoclave, biological safety cab
Loading some great jobs for you...