- $83,450.00 -117,470.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
3211 Horseblock Road
RN Case Manager - Full Time (19006115)
What You Will Do:
As a home health nurse with Amedisys, you will provide one on one skilled nursing care and treatment to patients in their home using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan, innovative solutions, and a preferred technology for point of care documentation. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and independence. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
1. Demonstrates knowledgeof home care and competency in discipline specific patient care skills,required by the care center for the provision of patient care.
2. Performs patientcomprehensive assessments and collaborates with patient multi-disciplinary careteam (PT, OT, ST, MSW, and paraprofessionals) and other health careprofessionals to develop/modify and implement an individualized patient plan ofcare as per physician orders that ensures quality, proper discharge planningand achieves desired outcomes and goals.
3. Implements appropriatenursing clinical programs and initiatives to achieve desired outcomes.
4. Provides clinical episodemanagement according to Amedisys' processes including oversight of patient'sindividualized plan of care and care plan changes as deemed necessary bypatient's status or physician's ordered care.
5. Utilizes a combination ofagency resources and nationally recognized standards of practice to deliverhigh quality care and achieve excellent patient specific outcomes.
6. Makes referrals to otherdisciplines as indicated by the patient's identified needs or documentsrationale for not doing so.
7. Promotes and maintainspatient health and independence through teaching and appropriate rehabilitativemeasures, assisting patients in learning appropriate self-care techniques.Advocates and ensures patient participation in care planning and goals of care.
8. Supervises caseloadincluding LPN's and Home Health Aides. Facilitates care coordination with PRNstaff when care is provided for caseload.
9. Completes documentationtimely, accurately, and at the point of care, according to industry standards,conventions and guidelines, including OASIS assessments, SOC/Admissions,Recertifications, ABNs, subsequent visits, physician orders, care coordinationetc.
10. Helps to achieve andmaintain continuity of patient care by communicating information (for example,changes in plan of care, new orders, lab results, etc.) timely, effectively andsystematically with all team members providing care for the patient includingPT, OT, ST, MSW, paraprofessionals, physicians, family members and communityresources. Facilitates interdisciplinary communication and follow up throughcare coordination on assigned caseload for duration that patients are onservice.
11. Participates in Team/CaseConferences. Leads discussion on multidisciplinary cases as appropriate.
12. Maintains ongoingcommunication with clinical manager regarding progress of patients for assignedcaseload.
13. Remains knowledgeable oforganization's quality improvement programs, participates in agency performanceimprovement initiatives and incorporates into patient care planning asappropriate.
14. Demonstrates competency inskills for required patient care. Initiates, plans and provides staffeducation, and performs competency and skills validation for care team staff,such as LPN's, HHA's and RN visit staff.
15. Utilizes a combination ofcare center resources and recognizes standards of practice to achieve positiveclinical and training outcomes.
16. Utilizes accepted Amedisysteaching materials for clinician and patient/family education.
17. Performs on-callresponsibilities and on-call services to patients/families as assigned.
18. Monitors assigned cases toensure compliance with requirements of third-party payers.
19. Protects, honors, andrespects patient an
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, ccu, intensive, maternal, nurse clinical, nurse rn, registed, staff nurse, surgical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...