Technology Transactions Associate - Mount Sinai Innovation Partners
Mount Sinai Health System
: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
We are seeking a driven technology transaction professional for a position within Mount Sinai Innovation Partners (MSIP), the technology and commercialization office of the Mount Sinai Health System. The Technology Transactions Associate (TTA) is responsible for drafting and negotiating a diverse portfolio of agreements and contracts in the support of the research activities of ISMMS Faculty. The ideal TTA candidate is reliable, motivated, efficient, collaborative, outcome-driven, and can thrive, execute in a fast-paced, high volume environment and is able to juggle many competing priorities. The TTA works in partnership with MSIP Business Development and Finance and Operations teams, all ranks of the ISMMS Faculty, other internal stakeholders, and outside parties at commercial entities, academic institutions, and government agencies to help ensure that innovative therapeutics, diagnostics, devices and other technologies are made available to our worldwide patient population and become the new standard of care
* Drafts, administers, reviews, and negotiates a variety of contracts including the following agreements: confidentiality, material transfer, inter-institutional, collaborative research
* Interacts with ISMMS Faculty and acts as a subject matter expert for contracts-related issues.
* Works closely with other ISMMS departments to review and negotiate intellectual property terms for philanthropic grants and service agreements.
* Maintains positive, productive relationships with commercial and academic sponsors.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
For more information about Mount Sinai Innovations Partners, visit www.ip.mountsinai.org.
* JD, or equivalent contract drafting and execution experience
* 1-3 years contracting or law, preferably related to technology commercialization or IP
* Advanced knowledge of standard office software packages (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Highly organized with demonstrated ability to establish and execute priorities
* Ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment, negotiating a high-volume and variety of agreements, while creatively maneuvering obstacles and adhering to policy and procedure
* Flexibility and ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently and ability to act cooperatively with many individuals
* Ability to cultivate and maintain healthy and productive relationships with faculty, commercial sponsors, outside counsel and Mount Sinai staff and leadership
* Detail-oriented and ability to perform with accuracy
* Positive, energetic, team-oriented with a professional outlook
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans Associated topics: bacteria, dietary, dietetic, disease, histology, histotechnologist, industrial hygienist, microbiological, patient, pharmacology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.