Provide leadership and oversight over Moody's Shared Services financial planning and analysis processes.
* Manage core planning functions for the Moody's Shared Services (IT, Finance, HR, Legal, Real Estate) including results analysis, forecasting, annual budgeting and strategic planning * Responsible for leading the annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes, developing analysis to support senior management decision making processes and preparing Board-level reporting * Develop and deliver presentation materials on budgets and forecasts for senior management and reviews * Oversee and guide team responsible for all FP&A related deliverables * Identify opportunities to automate and/or enhance existing processes - either through offshoring, improvements to existing or new technology or streamlined data management * Participate in special projects as assigned by Finance management * Work closely with the senior management team on strategic operating issues, long-term strategies and efficiency goals through the development and implementation of financial and strategic planning * Responsible for all FP&A related SOX controls and annual testing related to IT Software Capitalization * Ensure close coordination across several different lines of business and support functions that are geographically dispersed
Scope/Supervision and Interaction
* Interaction with various business and staff functions and senior business management * Manage team of 4 onshore and 4 offshore resources in order to deliver on stated objectives
Identifies and presents management with the recommendations for resolving key and complex issues.
* Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or other business discipline * CPA, MBA and/or other relevant professional qualification a plus * 10+ years of business experience in financial planning and analysis role
* Proven ability to manage projects including: * Strategic / long term forecasts * Innovation and process improvements * Larger projects involving project teams (who are not direct reports) and steering committees
* Extensive experience leading, supervising and mentoring a team * Experience presenting in executive-level management meetings * Strong written and verbal communication skills * Comfortable with both quantitative and qualitative analysis, ability to leverage data to inform business decisions * Operates with a sense of urgency, ability to work under tight and sometimes competing priorities * Experienced with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) * Experience working with proprietary planning and reporting tools; ability to utilize systems functionality, extract data and manipulate to support reporting and planning processes
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.