Support MIS business leaders by providing meaningful expense management strategies and operational execution of those strategies, then liaising with business planning to systematically implement strategy in financial model and understand output of those results.
* Facilitate meetings with MIS management to discuss business drivers, performance measures, financial plans and other relevant analyses. Deliver results of monthly expense reporting/relevant KPIs and provide guidance to MIS management on variances by providing insightful analysis and commentary.
* Advise MIS management on decisions such as how to improve performance, minimize risk or recognize efficiencies within their businesses. Design and develop financial models and metrics to measure performance, highlight key issues for senior management and predict future activity.
* Develop understanding of MIS expenses as well as an understanding of the key assumptions and trends that may impact future performance and modelling this out.
* Manage and coordinate with MIS stakeholders on assumptions for monthly rolling forecast process, annual budget process, and strategic plan process. Work with other members of broader business planning team to understand underlying drivers.
* Liaise with Business Planning compensation and position management team on resource planning and position budgeting, providing resource modelling to MIS business leaders when necessary.
* Coordinate with regional business planning leads.
* Adopting new business intelligent tools to create or transform reporting
* Provide assistance in ad-hoc / special projects as required
Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting
* MBA and/or relevant professional qualifications a plus
* Experience in using business intelligent tools, planning systems and financial modelling
* 4 - 7 years of relevant financial experience with planning and analysis processes
* Exposure to working with senior leaders on financial planning and/or reporting
* High proficiency with Microsoft Excel
* Advanced experience with Hyperion Planning/Essbase or similar financial system such as Anaplan or SAC
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Energetic, progressive approach to the role, and a willing participant in continual process enhancement.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
* Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
* Active collaborator, yet can diplomatically advocate for his/her point of view
* Strong communication skills
* Comfortable with ambiguity and adjusts to shifting priorities with appropriate sense of urgency
* Exhibits strong problem solving skills
* Capable of analyzing detail as a means to deliver the big picture message
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.