The Mirbeau Companies are thrilled to be expanding the Mirbeau Inn & Spa brand to the village of Rhinebeck, NY - scheduled to open in the fall of 2019. This brand new hotel, restaurant, and spa will feature 50 guestrooms, a 12,000-square-foot spa, and fitness center, 3,000 square-feet of meeting and conference space. The Mirbeau Inn & Spa will provide a luxurious resort experience that is easily accessible by train from the NYC Metro area and Albany Capital district.
Mirbeau Inn and Spa is seeking Front Desk Associates to join its guest services team. All Front Desk Associates will be reporting to the Front Office Manager the essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure excellent service and high guest satisfaction
- Maintain full knowledge of published policies and procedures plus emergency and safety protocol
- Sign in on the computer system and count cash in drawers
- Verify room status and reservations for the day at the beginning of the shift
- Take note of special requests left over from previous shift
- Pre-register (connecting) rooms and/or suites
- Ascertain total number of rooms available after having placed reservations
- Register arriving guests (with or without reservations) and put all data from the registration card into the computer
- Check out all departing guests, accept cash and check, and authorize credit cards
- Post daily banquet charges to the general ledger
- Post guest charges to the guest folio as soon as possible after their arrival at the resort
- Give out key cards and know how to navigate the key card system
- Answer the telephone, transfer calls, fax, etc.
- Handle guest complaints and requests courteously and professionally
- Follow established policies and procedures for the security of all guests safety deposit boxes
- Pull all \"no-show\" registration cards at the appropriate time and give them to the next shift
- Always leave the desk in a neat and orderly manner for the next shift
- Run all reports needed by department for to follow their daily routines
- Maintain the Front Desk in an orderly and organized way
- Be informed of all resort services, outlets, hours of operation, and facilities in order to up-sell these facilities and provide information to guests
- Handle all room changes as soon as possible
- Check the housekeeper's report with the room bucket to ensure room status is verified
- Check schedule and room bulletin board on a daily basis
- Attend all scheduled meetings as deemed necessary by the resort
- Report to work in a clean uniform with nametag at the scheduled time
- Sign off at the end of the shift by preparing daily cash report and comparing with the cash receipts, preparing deposit log envelopes and logging the deposits, and finally placing deposits into safe
- Special functions for AM shift
- Print a daily expected departure report and share with other departments
- Prepare Front Desk for PM shift
- Special functions for PM shift
- Print a credit managers report
- Prepare the Front Desk for Night Audit
The health and well-being of our team members is a high priority at Mirbeau. As an employer of choice, we offer premium pay and rewarding benefits.
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off for Full-Time employees
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- 50% discount on Spa Services
- 25% discount on Nail Services
- 20% discount on Food
- Employee Rate on Guest Rooms at both of our locations
We believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
If you desire employment in a beautiful setting with opportunities for growth, Mirbeau is the place for you!
Please include a resume to be considered.
Associated topics: alley, beach, concierge, hostess, hotel, inn, lobby, lodge, mason, service representative
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...