The role will be responsible for working with the client and family to complete assessments that will guide the care for individuals that are 21 years of age and younger, living at home in the community, with an IDD diagnosis and/or mental health diagnosis with severe behaviors. This position travels to homes within the community to conduct assessments with new and existing clients. The individual will be responsible for collaborating with a team of professionals such as but not limited to: Behavior Support Specialists, Psychiatrist and Support Coordinator.
* Complete individual assessments by traveling throughout the community to meet with clients, their families, and/or others involved in their treatment and services.
* Provide detailed assessment on current needs and barriers to needs
* Make recommendations as to what provisions that should be in place to meet the clients' needs.
* Work a flexible schedule at times as per business necessity.
* Work independently and with minimal supervision.
* Maintain complete, timely and appropriate documentation per program requirements. Complete reports and correspondence as needed.
* Provide consultation to staff with regards to client care and treatment.
* Adhere to all Merakey, County, State, and Federal policies and regulations related to mental health and addiction treatment services.
* Complies with Merakey ethics and code of conduct, as well as the ethics and code of conduct of own discipline, in contact with all clients, co-workers, and the community.
* Participates in regular clinical supervision and continuing education activities.
* Keep open communication with Coordinators and/or Administrative staff
* Other duties as assigned as it relates to the position
Licensed Mental Health Provider: Ecamples: LCSW, LMSW, LPC with 1-3 years experience
Associated topics: abuse, forensic, lcsw, lmsw, mental, outpatient, rww, social, social worker, violence