Business Development Representative - Bilingual (English and Spanish)
: $77,920.00 - $127,920.00 /year *
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Business Development Representative role is the entry-level position within our growing Social Media division. It is a business-to-business sales role which involves articulating/selling the business value of the cutting-edge Meltwater Social technology to prospective clients across North America and Europe.
Our clients are typically in the Marketing, Social Media and Digital departments in organizations across a wide number of verticals. We work directly with decision-makers in a very consultative fashion to maximize their social media marketing efforts. Meltwater Social solutions are used by a variety of industries, so you will get exposure to companies and organizations of all shapes and sizes, helping you expand your business acumen all the time.
You will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities within our database of marketing-generated inbound leads. You will also have some exposure to cold lead generation and outreach. Using a variety of communication touchpoints including phone, email, and LinkedIn, your goal will be to convert inbound and outbound leads into meetings and demos for our global sales team. Being strategic and creative in your approach to engage leads will be the key to your success.
In addition to training you to become a successful salesperson, we pride ourselves in being able to develop fantastic Managers, and our goal is to facilitate your professional growth, taking on more responsibilities once you are ready for them. For this reason, the Inbound BDR team works closely with the VP of Marketing as well as global sales leaders. We only promote from within, and with offices in so many cities, the opportunities to advance your career are unlimited.
If you're a high energy and motivated self-starter, this opportunity can help you unleash your career by becoming an effective and successful sales professional utilizing a consultative sales approach.
The BDR very often has the initial (and, therefore, most important) opportunity to make an impression on a prospect, so you will be responsible for ensuring a positive experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up. Driving excitement, creativity, and relationship building into every prospect call is crucial. A successful candidate will have a positive phone presence and a track record of effective, credible lead follow-up and sales development at multiple levels within an organization.
* Continuous prospecting, calling, and emailing to foster opportunities and book appointments for Account Executives.
* Research accounts to understand need, enable effective follow-up, and generate interest in Meltwater Social's platform.
* Track and forecast all sales activities using Salesforce.com.
* Meet or exceed activity metrics for outbound calls, emails, appointments set, and opportunities created.
* Proactively look for opportunities to improve and optimize end-to-end lead management, as well as other sales and marketing processes.
* Keep abreast of new product features, customer success stories, and market trends.
Apply today for your chance to be a part of an international team in a thriving and fast-paced environment!
Follow @Meltwater on Twitter and also join our Facebook fan page facebook.com/MeltwaterGroup
* Salary Structure: Base Salary + Bonuses = On Target Earnings. OTE for this role is generally $60-$65k. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package (health, vision, dental, PTO, retirement savings) and 401(k) matching the day you start.
Skills & Requirements
At Minimum You Will Need:
* Bachelor's degree with at least a 3.0 GPA upon graduation
* Verbal and written professional proficiency in English and Spanish
* B2B sales and/or digital marketing experience.
* A desire to work in a dynamic environment with the goal of advancing their career in sales.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent listening skills.
* Ability to lead conversations, ask open-ended questions, and identify opportunities.
* Be a self-starter with a passion to learn how to solve complex problems and conduct business analyses.
* Enthusiasm, competitiveness, and willingness to learn is a must.
You Will Get Bonus Points For:
* Experience in selling social listening or analytics tools
* Familiarity with the Marketing function inside of companies
* Ambitious internships or relevant professional experience
* International experience (academic, personal or professional)
About the company
Founded in Oslo in 2001 before moving our headquarters to San Francisco in 2006, Meltwater is the global leader in media intelligence, with over 2,000 employees globally and 30,000 corporate clients. Our innovative products help businesses extract insights from billions of online conversations and articles we call it Outside Insight.
For over fifteen years, Meltwater has maintained a very unique culture, based on a foundation and belief in people and the potential they possess, regardless of experience. Like many entrepreneurially focused companies, Meltwater employees embody the work-hard, play-hard spirit. Whether you meet an employee from San Diego or Hong Kong, you will likely discover many similarities in terms of their achievements, focus and superior communication skills.
Our office spaces are collaborative, open working environments in which teamwork, learning, and fun are the day-to-day norms. Each office consists of a number of small teams, ensuring that all of our employees have easy and frequent exposure to their managers and can quickly learn from those around them.
Meltwater is firmly committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with respect and dignity.
The \"EEO is the Law\" poster is available at:
And \"EEO is the Law Supplement\" poster is available at:
On-Line Accessibility Directive: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us here for assistance.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.