- $93,310.00 -145,320.00/year*
14 Cherry Hill Rd
The LINUX System Administrator will be responsible for administering a high availability distributed environment running REDHAT Linux. The administrator will work very closely with Software Development, and Support groups to meet business and technical demands.
* Perform hardware and software installations, upgrades, and maintenance, patch administration, kernel modification/upgrades, file system management, performance and security analysis, and network configuration/tuning.
* Cluster configuration and maintenance; shell scripting, performance tuning, hardening and support in high availability on and off-site environments.
* Coordinate and perform preventive system maintenance; Set up day-to-day maintenance of production systems. Perform resource monitoring, performance tuning, and scaling of infrastructure as needed.
* Work with development initiatives to proactively prepare server builds and input on design/implementation considerations.
* Work with application developers on the Solaris platform for installation and maintenance in both development and production environments.
* Document RedHat Linux configurations and procedures, participate in environment planning meetings, and communicate environment requirements to management.
* Capable of extracting information and resources from team members, and from online resources to further enhance and provide support of services to team members and the Company. Must be well rounded and current in system administration and networking.
* 2+ years experience with RedHat Linux 6 or greater System Administration
* Enterprise Technologies (NFS, LDAP, LINUX clustering, performance tuning, mail, syslog, security)
* Package management, scripting with Linux shell scripts and standard Linux utilities for automation of administrative tasks.
* Strong knowledge of TCP/IP internetworking - DNS, VPN, FTP, SSH, HTTP, SMTP, firewalls (iptables).
* Have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills with little supervision (network, hardware, OS, performance related problems).
* Ability to successfully handle the completion of multiple concurrent assignments under pressure and interface with vendors or related support mechanisms for escalation/resolution purposes.
* Experience with CISCO and Dell enterprise class servers and Netapp storage appliance a plus.
* Experience supporting Database environments on an operating system level a plus (e.g MySQL and Oracle)
* Ability to work required days and hours and participate on an on-call rotation (24X7).
Associated topics: equipment, http, ip, maintenance, network, network administrator, operating system, router, system administrator, system center operations manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...