Seeking a motivated sales professional to join a successful team to develop and secure new business within the NYC territory. In this unique role, you will be primarily responsible for increasing the demand for Daikin's commercial HVAC products within the consulting engineering community. This role will build upon; your existing HVAC product knowledge, understanding of system design, and local codes. This individual will be comfortable working in a results driven, highly-motivated sales team. Prior experience in this field is important, as is a background with applied HVAC equipment.
Includes educating design consultants, architects, and building owners about the benefits of the full Daikin product line. Must be able to establish customer interest in Daikin's products as well as guide and influence the client's specification process. Coordinates with Daikin representatives within the territory and accounts to maximize long-range account penetration and growth plans.
Key responsibilities include:
* Achieve annual sales goals.
* Responsible for consistent planning and sales activities to create new business through organized prospecting to increase Daikin Applied' s share of business from assigned accounts.
* Create short-term and long-range planning for certain products by an intricate progression of customer contacts, and cooperation with other Sales Engineers.
* Analyze customer needs with respect to several alternate solutions using Daikin Applied air conditioning and refrigeration products, systems and service.
* Maintain current knowledge of competitive products and system characteristics, including knowledge of local competitive pricing.
* Ability to apply economic considerations: first cost, operating cost, owning cost, to projects on candidate is working.
* Participates in the local ASHRAE chapter.
* Perform take-offs from plans and specifications, develop and price the estimate; write the proposal and bid the job with selections of Daikin Applied equipment utilizing competitive advantages.
* Complete basic financial analysis of an equipment sale, including cost, margin and risk.
* Review of all submittals and orders prior to processing.
* Oversee order entry and execution, in accordance with company policies and procedures
* Service the customer during and after the sale to insure complete satisfaction and to promote future business by assisting with obtaining necessary approvals, timely release for fabrication, credit and legal coordination, providing customers with timely shipping information, job site visits with customers, service coordination and occasional factory visits to help sell and execute specific products or projects
* Consistently manages multiple projects.
* Assists with recruiting and training of new Sales Engineers.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
* 3+ years or professional sales experience.
* Competitor experience in commercial HVAC industry experience.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
* Ability to travel within the territory daily. Occasional travel to factories as needed.
* Demonstrated sales success -- energized by meeting or exceeding sales goals.
* Outstanding relationship management, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
* Prior experience creating sales proposals, quotes, and reviewing contracts.
* Demonstrated example of taking initiative with a solid work ethic.
* Exceptional communication skills well developed listening skills, and ability to interpret business and/or client needs.
About Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry leading innovations and technology. Our Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and SmartSource WSHP compete among the most efficient products in the market. Also, our extensive aftermarket service and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Associated topics: architect, building, engineer, install, lab, laboratory, microsurgery, solution engineer, technical, web service
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.