JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for selecting designated open-case product and placing it securely in a tote or box to fulfill customer orders. This position is key to customers receiving the correct product on time and in saleable condition.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Read selection labels (or scan with hand-held scanner in some departments) to identify slot location, product description and quantity required for each order.
* Pull correct quantities of designated product (identified by selection labels or signal light) from the slot location and lift into a tote or box on a static conveyor line.
* Push tote along static conveyor line to next slot location until the tote is full or the order is complete.
* Handle all products so as not to injure teammates or damage the product, the tote or other product.
* Pack product in the tote to ensure it is not damaged in any way during transportation by hand, palletizer, forklift, pallet jack, conveyors, tractor/trailer or hand truck.
* Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
* Continually meet assigned production standards.
* Maintain a quality of work that limits mispicks, shorts and damages.
* Follow directions.
* Work independently and in a team environment.
* Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment within 30 days after hire.
* Comply with company attendance policy.
* Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the Distribution Center; work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for a late shift, and weekend work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the division.
* Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from 38F to 110F; teammates assigned to the freezer must be able to work in temperatures as cold as -10 F.
* Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head continuously for a period of two hours or more.
*Ability and willingness to select/load/unload and/or deliver ALL products that may be ordered by our customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have High School Diploma or GED.
* Be 18 years or older.
* Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
* Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center; material movement takes place throughout the facility.
* This position requires the teammate to work inside majority of the time.
* This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
* Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Associated topics: ayudante de produccion, dockworker, forklift operator, handler, intern, logistics, logistics support, warehouse agent, warehouse intern, warehouse support