Software Developer - Data & Integration
Compensation: $115,530.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We're people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we're stronger.
Haven Life is an insuretech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
You will be joining a small, experienced technology team as one of the main developers responsible for our advanced online financial services application. Experience with web development is a plus, although more important to us is real programming experience and thoughtfulness about how and why you do what you do.
Your job will require you to work closely with your fellow technology team members, coordinate with QA resources, and to communicate with business team members in the completion of your work. Working with other developers you might work on items such as: developing components for algorithmic or manual underwriting module, creating workflow tools for routing insurance applications, defining and applying rule sets for third party data feeds, or building customer-facing components for taking new business applications. The job will be varied and challenging.
These are essential to success in this role:
* 8-10+ years of of experience as a developer in a data-centric application environment
* Involvement in all aspects of data integration projects - from business requirements and interface discovery and definition through design, modeling, and development, to testing and deployment
* A solid grounding in data-driven applications and concepts (data/object modeling, database systems, structured and unstructured data, enterprise data frameworks)
* Extensive experience with diverse systems integration paradigms including nightly batch, intra-day incremental data loading, and near-real-time interfaces
* Experience with production support, troubleshooting, and batch/interface optimization
* Define and implement data quality and reconciliation strategy across complex systems
* High proficiency with ETL tools such as Talent, Informatica, and/or AbInitio; Superior proficiency with SQL and query evaluation & optimization
* Master the DB development with PostgreSQL, Oracle, or other RDBMS (stored proc, trigger etc.)
* Comfortable expressing and defending points of view while respecting those of others
* Excellent communication skills with a variety of audiences and varying degrees of technical knowledge
* Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
* Self-starter and self-motivated team player
These skills are not required but are a plus:
* Neo4j and Cypher Query Language
* Testing strategy definition and framework creation
* Experience and familiarity with financial services or other mathematically oriented applications.
* Working in a startup or agile development environments
* Experience in multi-platform websites (desktop, mobile)
* Exposure to modern MVC (Model-view-controller) frameworks
* Experience with, node, meteor, and/or angular frameworks a plus
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE ? 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ? Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other's diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better - everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
Associated topics: c#, developer, java, perl, php, python, sdet, software developer, software engineer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...