Martha's Vineyard Center for Living seeks a Supportive Day Program Supervisor. This position requires an energetic individual with demonstrated leadership and motivational skills.
A Master's Degree in Recreation/Therapeutic Recreation, Gerontology or Social Work is preferred. A Bachelor's Degree with minimum of 5 years' experience with older adults in recreational therapy or related field is required. Experience in activity planning and coordinating large and small groups and/or work with special needs populations (older adults with physical and/or cognitive impairments) is required. Must have excellent communication skills and broad knowledge of community resources.
? Responsibilities include:
- Daily oversight and management of the Supportive Day Program to ensure that the work, methods and engagement with clients are accurate and that policies are being followed.
- Establish and maintain staffing schedule, provide oversight, feedback and evaluation of staff members to ensure the highest program quality. Oversee and provide feedback to volunteers assisting in the program.
- Conduct intake assessments of potential clients for program appropriateness.
- Communicate with clients, families and/or caregivers or other agencies involved in a client's care, to ensure client safety, comfort and well-being while participating in the Supportive Day Program.
- Develop and maintain a monthly calendar of individualized activities that address the needs of clients, resulting in effective client engagement and assistance.
- Understand and manage the physical and cognitive challenges of clients as they relate to activities and participation in daily programs.
- Attend relevant trainings and workshop sessions as required.
- Be CPR trained and certified or shall become so upon assuming the position
- Have working knowledge of wheelchair transfer techniques or shall receive training upon assuming the position
- Have knowledge of local activity resources.
- Basic computer skills, including use of Word and Excel is required.
This is a full time, salaried position based on 40 hours per week. Please send a letter of interest and resume to Leslie Clapp, Executive Director at or call .