Medical Assistant (MA) - Express Care, Gardiner, 32 hrs
32 hrs/week, 8a-730p weekends and 8a-5p weekends/holidays, e/o weekend
150 Dresden Avenue
Gardiner, Maine, 04345
MaineGeneral Health is offering an exciting opportunity for a Medical Assistant to join our team! We are also looking for candidates with strong communication skills, a positive attitude and proven record of reliability. Our medical assistants work one on one with a provider to enhance patient care and wellness through rooming and obtaining vital signs, reconciling the medical record, tracking preventative care records, and triaging patient calls. This position requires a positive attitude to contribute to the team spirit within the practice.
* Facilitates the patient flow through the practice by anticipating patient and provider needs and coordinating exam room availability, visit schedule and visit type. * Provides documentation of patient care in accordance with regulatory requirements, quality initiatives, policies and procedures. * Uses electronic or other medical record systems and multiple computer applications. * Prepares patients for provider visits by collecting patient data according to patient care guidelines. * Prepares patients for procedures appropriate to the specialty. * Administers treatments and assists with provider performed procedures per patient care guidelines under the supervision of the provider. * May support providers in patient requests and needs for refills of medications. * Assists in patient follow-up care by providing necessary information, referrals and paperwork. * May schedule diagnostic testing/surgical procedures and obtains authorization from insurance companies as required. * Provides support in the practice laboratory as needed. * Provides telephone, reception, records maintenance and scheduling support to the business/clerical areas of the practice based on departmental requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant Associate degree program OR Certified by one of the following nationally recognized program required: * American Association of Medical Assisting (AAMA) * National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) * National Healthcareer Association (NHA) * American Medical Technologist (AMT)
* BLS (required within 6 months) * Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Office applications and multiple computer applications * Ability to work independently, effective time management and problem solving skills, able to manage multiple priorities * Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task * Confident and effective oral and written communication skills
* Competitive Benefit package including Health, Dental, and Disability options * Generous earned time program * Retirement plans with employer match
Associated topics: laboratory, pathology, sample collection, surgical technologist, technician, technician i, technician ii, technician laboratory, testing, toxicology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.