Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York's Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams - the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG's NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production - the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes - and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England's preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
Responsible for selling season subscription and partial season subscription plans for MSG's three sports franchises - the Knicks, the Rangers and the Liberty. In addition to the primary selling responsibilities, focus areas will include: premium inventory such as Madison Club memberships, single night suite rentals, along with group tickets and lounges for multiple events.
* Establish qualified leads
* Initiate and close sales
* Utilize all methods for sales success - phone, email, LinkedIn, meetings in and out of office/arena
* Field, investigate and respond to customer inquiries and issues to maintain positive client relationships
* Meet departmental provisions for pro-active customer contact and account maintenance through setting of daily and weekly client correspondence goals
* Execute additional sales responsibilities as they are presented. New events, new products, new packages
* Track sales process, capture data and complete sales transactions through proper use of database systems, such as CRM and Archtics
* Game night responsibilities include sales tables, client interactions, hosting prospects, box office
* Provide general office support for overall departmental operations including office coverage for game-night services, follow-up on new accounts, etc.
* Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned
* Communication skills
* Organization skills
* Salesmanship, creativity and negotiation skills
* Excellence in maintaining positive client relationships
* Interpersonal expertise
* Ability to address and solve problems, often under duress
* Multi-tasking through over-lapping teams, activities and functions
* Ability to operate specific ticketing and database management systems
* 2-3 years' experience in sales environment, preferably in sports or entertainment field
* Knowledge of target groups for new customer development
* Familiarity and skill in handling client service issues and managing affairs with potential new corporate and personal clients from the general public
* Demonstrated success in communicating and executing company policies and standards under frequently challenging circumstances
* Creative experience in developing marketing, promotions, special events, etc. with the goal of cultivating new business opportunities and new revenue streams
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.
Loading some great jobs for you...