Macys Herald Square, New York, NY: Jewelry Business Manager - Fashion Watches
Loading some great jobs for you...
Be on the front lines of making the magic of Macy's as part of our store management team: you'll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, our store management team is a fast track to career success.
As a Macy's Jewelry Business Manager you will be responsible for driving a best in class selling and service culture that supports our My Macy's initiatives, our Omni Channel Strategies and MAGIC. You will lead a team of sales professionals who feel empowered to take care of the customer. JBMs are responsible for leading, supporting and inspiring their sales associates to drive sales and provide an outstanding customer experience. The JBM will have topline responsibility for Talent Development, Event Execution, Merchandising and other duties as needed.
* Drive and exceed sales goals by developing a highly engaged and knowledgeable sales team
* Consistently provide feedback and recognition to support MAGIC Selling coaching direct reports to maximize the sales opportunity
* Collaborate with store and district teams on business updates and merchant strategies inclusive of black box report action planning, understanding key items/best sellers and merchandise needs
* Focus on promotional business opportunities by ensuring accuracy of promotional presentation; communicate marketing vehicles and Sale Event information to Associates
* Collaborate with Merchandising team on planning and executing floor moves, merchandise placement and Sale Event set-up
* Reinforce the benefits of opening credit accounts to drive incremental sales and customer loyalty through associate education
* Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented
* Manage Commission associates by setting daily, weekly and monthly goals.
* Leverage My Client, ESP and AUR as a way to drive sales and develop a highly engaged clienteling culture.
* Maximize team selling effectiveness through consistent recognition and feedback to enrich the My Customer experience
* Regularly schedule quality feedback time with each associate to discuss customer interactions through observation supporting MAGIC Selling
* Establish a development strategy with each associate based on formal and informal observations to improve selling behaviors that increase individual metrics
* Role Model MAGIC Selling behaviors leading selling initiatives such as Product Knowledge, Search and Send, My Client, Extended Service Plans, BOPS, and Fulfillment.
* Consistently recruit, interview and hire top talent.
* Embrace the Magic of Hiring by treating all candidates as customers and brand promoters
* Cultivate a qualified sales team that can support My Macy's, Omni and MAGIC Selling. Develop a bench for future growth.
* Ensure all Associate training is conducted on a timely basis, ensure assigned mentors engage with new hires in partnership with District Jewelry Training Manager
* Coach Associates on product knowledge by holding in-store product training with Vendor Representatives
* Consistently offer rapid recognition to associates while observing selling floor
* Review the Associate Selling Action Metrics Report (SAM) weekly to support regular observation and coaching to identify progress made on behaviors that represent the monthly scorecard result
* Ensure associates are aware of the selling area top sellers and key selling opportunities for the week
* Focus on succession planning for top performers and touch base regularly to engage the associate in their growth opportunity and career plan
* Monitor performance of all associates and take action quickly when selling and service behavioral expectations are not maintained
* Address Associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company
* Lead team to support giving back to the local community helping create stronger, healthier places to live and work
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* A minimum of 1-3 years in a leadership/supervisory position in department store
* retail, or a related service industry.
* Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
* This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
* May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
* Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
* Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills, ability to empower and develop team, collaborate and function as a member of a team, ability to execute plans and strategies.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
* Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles.
* Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards
* Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Help make life
Culture. Associated topics: assistant manager, director, general manager, lead, leader, principal, retail store manager, senior manager, shift supervisor, supervise