Brand Ambassador, Full Time: Herald Square
Compensation: $29,550.00 - $44,190.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Love being around people and making them happy? Good at finding just the right thing to complete an outfit? As part of our sales team, you'll do just that, bringing the Magic of Macy's to life for our customers. Every day brings new challenges and excitement, and every customer interaction gives you the opportunity to do what you do best: find solutions and provide exceptional customer service. ... More \"
So if you live on the cutting edge of fashion and have a keen eye for design, why not put that expertise to work on the sales floor? Join our team of problem solvers and doers: Apply today!
The Brand Ambassador is an exceptional associate who drives sales through coordinating, scheduling, and participating in successful grass roots events, tracking results, and goal setting with their fellow colleagues. They educate their colleagues via seminars and use of product knowledge tools. They drive sales through My Client by cultivating a repeat clientele and serving as the expert for the vendor/area they represent. The Ambassador regularly communicates specific customer needs and shopping patterns to the RMD, District Merchant, and vendor community. They execute top-side Central strategies and maintain email contact with both Central and the vendor community. In addition, they drive sales and execution of strategic merchandising initiatives for the area they represent. Perform other duties as assigned.
Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
* Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority.
* Serve as a liaison between designated vendors and VPSM, District Merchant, My Stylist (where applicable), and their My Shop Manager.
* Leverage vendor relationships and product knowledge tools to conduct informal seminars with fellow associates to increase product and brand awareness across entire store.
* Place new receipts on the sales floor and insure floor replenishment by size is occurring.
* Ensure sales floor is properly signed for sales and markdowns.
* Create and implement best practices to drive sales, turn, and gross margin above company average.
* Build brand-specific clientele to supports local marketing.
* Execute vendor and non-vendor events and drive grassroots store events to increase sales.
* Drive pre-sale events in partnership Business Manager, RMD, DM, and VPSM. Track results and provide feedback to central office.
* Actively plan, organize, and lead customer facing vendor sponsored Events with partnership of vendor community ensuring sales and participation goals are met.
* Attend conference calls with RMD and Business Manager to communicate 'what's working, what's not, and how to fix it' in regard to their particular location.
* Proficient in POS including Search and Send, and My Client.
* Demonstrate a professional, can-do attitude.
* Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum 1 year previous selling or retail experience required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to effectively communicate and present information to customers, peers, and all levels of management.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and calculating percentages.
* Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team, and must have good time management skills.
* This position involves constant moving and standing.
* Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
* Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
* May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
* May involve reaching above eye level.
* Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
* Demonstrate an energetic and positive attitude.
* Possess vision and creativity.
* Should be comfortable with the use of computers, mobile devices, and frequent use of RF equipment.
* Demonstrate ability to build relationships and convert customers into a client.
* Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Help make life
Associated topics: brand, catalog, esthetician, female model, lingerie model, photo, photograph, photography, style, styling
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...