Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children's Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective - in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.
St. Martin's Press seeks a highly creative, strategic and motivated marketing assistant to join our team. Candidates for this entry-level position must be forward-thinking and able to assist in developing and implementing marketing strategies into full blown campaigns using the latest online and off-line marketing tactics. Successful candidates will have an ability to juggle many projects at once and to build relationships with in-house teams. Working closely with a cohesive group of colleagues, candidates will play a critical role in the success of the most important bestselling titles and authors at St. Martin Press.
* Support campaign planning for titles and authors, including digital audits of author
platforms, entering marketing plans into systems, and communicating plans to other
* Help develop wide scale, integrated marketing campaigns with consumer and industry
* Provide analysis on responses and efficacy of campaigns and commentary on how this
informs future marketing strategies
* Interact and correspond with editors, publicists, sales force, advertising teams, and
* In conjunction with Creative Services, develop Sell-in and Marketing materials * Help cultivate and lead audience development strategies * Help manage social media accounts * Assist team in creating and trafficking materials * Interview, train and work with department interns
Required Skills / Knowledge:
* Passion for books across genres, including YA, literary fiction, commercial fiction, nonfiction, and romance * Ability to work independently and collaboratively * Strong written communication skills, in addition to an ability to speak with authors,
other departments and customers with authority and tact and to represent the
* Working knowledge of social media platforms * Basic ability to track budgets * Willingness to learn new systems, programs and procedures as job dictates
Publishing internships or bookselling experience desired but not necessary.
Educational Background Required:
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.