Store Manager - FT
Employment Type: Full-Time
Lovesac has an entrepreneurial spirit within its walls. It's innovative and exciting. Our products and our people are one of a kind. We are changing the way people think about furniture. While embarking upon a career with us; you will work within an interdependent team of passionate professionals collaborating to exceed expectations in all facets of our growing business.
Voted by Furniture Today Magazine into the Top 100 Growing Furniture Company; we are excited about the future!!
At Lovesac, we believe you should be free to live the life you love. As a Store Manager, you are responsible for selling as well as leading and developing store teams to deliver sales results for your store. You have a passion for our product and our customers, creating a unique experience for them through the development of your sales team. A Store Manager selects and develops high performing store teams to exceed customer expectations. You forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales/payroll goals and complete workload to be profitable. A Store Manager operates the store to maximize sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resources management, operating costs and shrink.
Key Job Responsibilities:
* Is responsible to meet or exceed financial individual and team sales goals and key performance indicators for the store
* Leads and ensures store operations are consistent through responsible fiscal management of budgets to meet or exceed payroll goals and contribution targets
* Develops store team to meet or exceed financial goals through the execution of Lovesacs proprietary selling process to deliver sales consistently
* Recruits and hires the store team, developing a bench of ready talent for the store
* Coaches and counsels direct reports, taking appropriate and corrective action in partnership with District Manager/Area Manager and Human Resources and in accordance with company policies and procedures
* Prepares and delivers performance appraisals in partnership with District Manager/Area Manager and Human Resources, providing timely and appropriate feedback
* Represents the company in resolving issues to the customers satisfaction working in collaborative partnership with HQ resources
* Establishes and maintains inventory integrity and accuracy protecting company assets at all times
* Ensures store standards are maintained (i.e. merchandising visuals, marketing, cleanliness, appropriate inventory levels, backroom organization and cleanliness, safety etc.) in accordance with Company operating policies and procedures and for maximum sales impact
* Processes POS transactions (i.e. sales, returns and exchanges) in accordance with company policies and providing accurate information to clients, teaching sales team to do the same
* Maintains a calm demeanor and manages issues professionally and respectfully in accordance with our company standards
* Acts with integrity and trust, modeling behavior that respects our employees, peers and customers in accordance with the core values of our company
Requirements & Qualifications
An external candidate should have a bachelors degree or related retail management experience of at least 3 years; luxury retail or furniture experience is preferred with $1-3 million in volume. An internal candidate should have a bachelors degree or 3 years of experience in a related role.
A Store Manager has business acumen and is able to use that knowledge to drive and achieve sales results through the store team. You can easily motivate the store team to meet customer expectations and act always with the customer in mind. A Store Manager sets correct priorities and quickly adapts and embraces to a changing business environment; multi-tasking with the appropriate level of urgency. You hold direct reports accountable; leading and developing store teams to create a viable and promotable talent pipeline through recruitment, selection and training. A Store Manager has attention to detail and listens to ensure understanding so he or she can solve problems and communicate to gain the trust of the team and customers. You correctly identify opportunities and communicate appropriately to optimize systems and store performance. A Store Manager leads and ensures an employee-centric environment, through development, coaching and consistent application of company processes. You are able to influence teams and work collaboratively with all team members. A Store Manager respects people and complies at all times with the standards, procedures and policies in the Lovesac Employee Handbook.
A Store Manager must:
* Be capable of using and operating all store equipment as required including but not limited to: iPad, laptop, POS systems, etc.;
* Be proficient in Microsoft Office, POS systems, and have excellent and clear communication skills;
* Be able to move objects (including medium to large furniture items up to 75 pounds) from a lower to a higher position or horizontally from position-to-position while working on the selling floor;
* Expected to work a minimum of 3 weekends per month (Sat and Sun) due to the nature of our business unless otherwise approved. A Store Manager is also expected to work two closing shifts per week, one of those closing shifts is expected to include a Friday or Saturday;
* Be able to perform furniture assembly demonstrations repeatedly throughout the day;
* Be able to assemble furniture.
A Store Manager is required to travel, as required by the Company in its sole discretion, to customers homes, out of town meetings, with occasional overnight travel, in accordance with company policies potentially using various forms of transportation. A Store Manager must have a valid drivers license.
Unless otherwise provided by law or unless excused as a result of a reasonable accommodation, morning, evening, weekend and holiday work are required due to the fact that our stores, including our website, are open seven days a week.
Associated topics: co manager, department supervisor, director, leader, retail store manager, shift supervisor, store manager, store supervisor, supervise, team lead
Loading some great jobs for you...