Admin Mgr - Research
Compensation: $77,920.00 - $127,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
- Bachelor?s Degree inBusiness Administration, Health Care Administration or related field, required. Master?s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant managerial experience in a health care/research laboratory setting, required; experience in off-site practice management, preferred. Knowledge of health care, research and/or academic marketplace, financial analysis, budgets and operational analysis required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of eleven (11) years progressive experience in operational management/administration in a health care/research laboratory setting, required. Knowledge of health care, research and/or academic marketplace, financial analysis, budgets and operational analysis, required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
As Administrative Manager, Research you will support and be responsible for the daily administrative operations for a division, program, lab or department. You will coordinate administrative functions, plan and support development of the site/joint division programs and all related areas. You will also manage all non-clinical personnel, maintain accurate and current files on all department budgets, capital equipment requests and programs related to operational issues. Additionally, you will support revenue cycle functions and Quality and Service Excellence initiatives.
- Coordinates administrative functions, plans and supports program development of the Lab/Department/Division.
- Coordinates activities including growth objectives, space allocation, procurement of technological equipment, data planning, developing goals and objectives, capital requirements and desired outcomes of programs. Serves as a liaison with Administration in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating operations.
- Reviews comprehensiveness of programs on an ongoing basis and develops strategies for program adaptation to market changes.
- Monitors program components relative to criteria by regulatory agencies.
- Manages Lab/department/division in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of annual budgets ? operational, personnel and capital.
- Supports or may assist with key revenue cycle functions including, but not limited to, scheduling, insurance verification, co-pay collection, charge capture and referral management.
- Understands the department/division?s fiscal responsibility in supporting research initiatives.
- Manages daily operations and all non-clinical personnel in the division and all related areas.
- Hires, trains, disciplines and supervises non-scientific/clinical staff. Evaluates performance and ensures efficiency in their roles. Completes appraisals on a timely basis.
- Oversees scheduling (vacation, holidays) and ensures adequate coverage at all times. Performs related personnel functions.
- Ensures staff members understand their roles and responsibilities. Supports continued growth of staff and offers opportunities for advancement.
- Participates in developing and maintaining objectives, policies and procedures to ensure the efficient operation of the department/division/lab.
- Strives to streamline operations and effectively apply new concepts and techniques for positive outcomes. Identifies and implements technology to improve operations.
- Assigns work and sees that it is carried out correctly and efficiently. Identifies and implements technology to improve operations.
- Maintains accurate and current files on all department budgets, capital equipment request and programs related to operational issues.
- Acts as a liaison between attending physicians, patients, visitor?s guests and staff.
- Demonstrates ability to answer any questions that might arise when dealing with patients, physicians, or any matters regarding the department/division/physician office.
- Coordinates and manages the resources of multiple administrative disciplines/functions.
- Coordinates efforts to prioritize needs of programs across departmental lines.
- Collaborates with administrative leadership, chairs, physicians and other clinical personnel to develop, implement and oversee non-clinical programs.
- Acts as liaison with Grant Services.
- Participates in monitoring and evaluating a program?s inception and performance and routinely monitors performance.
- Coordinates staff schedules pertaining to division/department/lab operational needs and/or services.
- Keeps abreast of all operational and financial related issues as they apply to the division and facilitates staff education in regard to these changes.
- Structures the appropriate flow of data to insure timely and appropriate management of operational and financial issues.
- Establishes and maintains a working relationship with the investigator with respect to their compliance and performance related to billing, coding and regulatory agency standards.
- Ensures the continual efficient and compliant operational performance of the department/division.
- Compliant with all federal, state and local government regulations and makes certain these are properly and completely addressed in Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Reviews all changes in various regulatory agency standards and/or public health law and ensure that these are represented in the Policy and Procedure Manuals (after appropriate review with clinical and/or administrative personnel).
- Ensures department/division staff adheres to system Corporate Compliance Program, HIPAA regulations and all other regulatory standards.
- Identifies quality benchmarks utilizing regional and national data to monitor programmatic quality and identify opportunities for improvement.
Associated topics: antibody, biopharmaceutical, diet, dietary, disease, drug, drug discovery, food, immunology, industrial hygienist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...