Description: The coolest jobs on this planet or any other are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The APEX team within Lockheed Martin SSC s Mission Solutions business area in Boulder, CO is looking for a dynamic Senior Systems Engineer to augment our Agile Team in support of our program, R&D, and new business pursuits. The Tools, Applications, and Processing (TAP) Lab is an environment designed to help advance how our customers develop and deploy analytic services and applications.
You will be part of a team responsible for helping to shape the future direction of the project by:
- Working with the technical and nontechnical team members to define solutions that meet business and project goals.
- Acting as liaison with other partners, such as, data/service providers, infrastructure admins, software developers, FOSS/COTS vendors, etc.
- Communicating the project status, readiness, issues, and risks to management and partners.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE: - Strong systems engineering knowledge, including requirement analysis, systems modeling and design.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE: - Linux OS background
- Proven ability to lead and work in all aspects of the systems engineering and operations support efforts associated with the development, integration and demonstration of a system solution which aligns with all performance requirements.
- Full life-cycle software development and maintenance experience in C/C++ or Python including requirements, design, code, and unit test.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
? MEDICAL ? Dental
? Paid time off
? Work/life balance
? Career development
? Mentorship opportunities
? REWARDS & RECOGNITION Learn more about Lockheed Martin s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Basic Qualifications: Systems engineering knowledge including requirements analysis, systems modeling, analysis and design. Desired Skills: Linux OS background
Proven ability to lead and work in all aspects of the systems engineering and operations support efforts associated with the development, integration and demonstration of a system solution which complies with all performance requirements.
Full life-cycle software development and maintenance experience in C/C++ or Python including requirements, design, code, and unit test. Associated topics: infrastructure, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.