Senior Claims Specialist - Cyber, Tech, and Media - Iron Pro
: $70,050.00 - $101,960.00 /year *
: Financial Services - Insurance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
With minimal supervision, the Senior Claims Specialist will handle cyber, tech and media professional liability claims, throughout the entire claim's life cycle. Responsible for conducting investigations, recommending adequate reserves, monitoring, documenting, and settling/closing claims in an expeditious and economical manner within prescribed authority limits for the line of business.
* Analyzes, investigates, and evaluates the loss to determine coverage and claim disposition.
* Utilizes CMS to document claims and to diary future events or follow-up.
* Within prescribed settlement authority for line of business, establishes appropriate reserves for both indemnity and expense and reviews on a regular basis to ensure adequacy.
* Makes recommendations to set reserves at appropriate level for claims outside of authority level.
* Prepares comprehensive reports as required.
* Identifies and communicates specific claim trends and account and/or policy issues to management and underwriting.
* Manages the litigation process through the retention of counsel. Adheres to the line of business litigation guidelines to include budget, bill review and payment. Pro-actively manages the case resolution process.
* Actively participates in mediations and arbitrations, within limit of settlement authority. Participates in the claims audit process.
* Provides claims marketing services by meeting with brokers, risk managers and reinsurers, as necessary.
* As required, maintains insurance adjuster licenses.
* Bachelors' and/or advanced degree preferred. * 3 years claims/legal experience, with at least 2 years within a technical specialty preferred. * Advanced knowledge of claims handling concepts, practices and techniques, to include but not limited to coverage issues, and product line knowledge. * Functional knowledge of law and insurance regulations in various jurisdictions. * Demonstrated advanced verbal and written communication skills * Demonstrated advanced analytical, decision making and negotiation skills.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Associated topics: auto, automobile, casualty, claim adjuster, claim examiner, claim investigator, claimant, insurance adjuster, liability, liability adjuster
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.