Lancaster General Hospital
Position located in Lancaster, PA.
* Position would include hours at our 3 locations: Lancaster General Hospital, Suburban Outpatient Pavilion and Women & Babies Hospital.
HOURS: Fulltime, varied 8 & 10 hour shifts; second call 12:00-8:30. Approximately 1 holiday per year and 3-4 weekends per year (Saturday OR Sunday).
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Administers general anesthesia and provides monitored surveillance and clinical management for patients receiving local or regional anesthesia in the operative or obstetric setting. Works under the medical direction of an attending Anesthesiologist in providing anesthesia care and post-operative evaluation for patients in the Operating Room, Maternity Center, Cardiac Cath Lab, or Emergency Room setting. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years) and geriatric (65 years and above).
* Prepares for the administration of anesthesia, giving attention to required clinical inventory, complete checkout of anesthesia delivery systems (anesthesia machine) and availability of appropriate physiological monitoring.
* Reviews Anesthesiologist-provided pre-operative evaluations and assessment of patients by chart review and interview.
* Confirms assignment of the appropriate physical status to the patient by the Anesthesiologist.
* Formulates an anesthesia plan and alternative plan including the discussion of relevant pathophysiology and pharmacology.
* Administers anesthesia care (general anesthesia, I.V. sedation, and clinical surveillance of the local or regional patient) in accordance with accepted standards of anesthesia care and concern for patient safety.
* Evaluates the post-operative course of the patient to recognize complications that may have resulted from anesthesia and alerts physicians of adverse findings.
* Maintains a clinical record that accurately documents the course of the anesthetic care (physiological monitor data, blood and fluid replacement, physiological output, drugs administered, consultation and untoward events, routine events, etc.).
* Gives a comprehensive and complete report to the Nursing Staff of P.A.C.U. or Critical Care Unit, which accepts care of patient immediately following cessation of anesthetic.
* Visits the patient post-operatively, and documents the visit with a post-operative note, in accordance with Anesthesia Department policy and J.C.A.H.O. requirements.
* Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse is required, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
* Must be a graduate of a School of Nurse Anesthesia accredited by the Council on Accreditation of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA), and eligible to sit for initial certification exam.
* Must hold a valid certification or re-certification card from the Council on Re-certification of Nurse Anesthetists of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA).
* Two (2) years of Nurse Anesthetist experience is preferred for the position preferred.
* One (1) year of Critical Care nursing is preferred.
* Two (2) to three (3) years of training program/clinical experience is preferred for the position.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, cardiothoracic, care, hospice, mhb, neonatal, psychatric, registered nurse, tcu
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...