Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager/Director in Risk Strategy & Compliance - Risk Analytics for our KPMG Risk Consulting practice.
* Direct and manage staff level personnel in the execution of audit support and advisory projects for property and casualty engagements * Provide technical support to the Actuarial Management group * Develop and review KPMG and client work papers and analytics * Develop and project actuarial models using actuarial software * Maintain documentation files consistent with KPMG work paper requirements * Assist with project planning, development of deliverables, and other technical writing exercises and lead selected business development efforts
Additional Responsibilities for Director:
* Lead actuarial business development efforts for primary target clients and provide leadership on identified business development efforts * Support business development efforts for secondary target clients * Produce a defined business development credit either through independent efforts or teaming efforts with others at KPMG * Participate in speaking engagements at industry meetings * Author a technical paper
* A minimum of five years of work experience in actuarial modeling working with actuarial software and applicable recent work experience in a professional services environment * Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university with a strong academic background in actuarial science, applied statistics, financial analysis, insurance, and mathematics * Certification as an associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society and member of the American Academy of Actuaries * Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills * Strong understanding of property and casualty insurance products * Travel may be up to 80-100% * Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Additional Qualifications for Director:
* A minimum of eight years of work experience in actuarial modeling working with actuarial software and applicable recent work experience in a professional services environment * Certification as a fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society * Exposure to international financial reporting standards and demonstrated work experience is a plus * Exposure to predictive modeling and demonstrated work experience is a plus * Strong business development skills
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
Associated topics: actuarial, actuarial assistant, actuarial consultant, actuary, investment actuary, life actuary, mathmatics, probability, risk, statistics
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.