Compensation: $85,786.67 - $147,180.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
General Summary of the Position
Perform tasks involving physical labor on environmental remediation and construction projects.May also be required to operate a variety of hand and power tools, including small equipment; such as skid steer loaders.Clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble/debris along with remove waste materials, lab packing or overpack leaking drums or leaking material.May also be required to assist heavy equipment operators or/or environmental chemist in identifying and cleaning up hazardous material.
Location:Hunters Point Naval Station San Francisco, CA.
Hourly rate - $30.54 to include a 1.5 multiplier for hours over 40 worked a week, Fringe $23.20 commensurate with skills and experience
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in environmental remediation construction projects; perform manual work in the remediation of contaminated sites
- Shovel contaminated material from around structures or areas unreachable by heavy equipment
- Fine grade fill to grades given by foreman, supervisor or project manager
- Clear and grub areas, operate chain saw safely, fall trees safely, operate chipper as required to clear and grub
- Excavate and fill trenches and ditches
- Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards or theft
- Material handling and storage
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.Bring problems to the attention of the Foreman, Safety Director, Project Manager or HR Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge preferred of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in heavy/highway construction work
- Knowledge preferred of first aid and applicable safety precautions
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse outdoor field conditions
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with all staff levels
- Ability to use equipment and hand tools properly and safely
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
Education, Training and Experience
- Requires 40-hour OSHA Hazardous Waste worker training (KEMRON will provide training course if needed but individual must pass course or accept responsibility to reimburse the cost to KEMRON if course if failed)
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions
- Requires 8-hour refresher training as required by OSHA
- Certified first aid and CPR training preferred
- 5 years minimum Experience Required
- Regularly works in outdoor conditions that include inclement weather.As well as heat and humidity, exposure to dust, asphalt, and hazardous materials.Could also work in an environment near moving mechanical parts
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination
- Noise level is generally loud
- Must be able to quickly move arms and legs
- Excellent stamina is required
- Must have the ability to work in full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including respiratory protection including SCBA, APR, SAR
- Must understand and follow Kemron SOPs for specific task(s)
- Must possess valid and appropriate state drivers license prior to employment and have good driving history approved by Kemrons insurance carrier that qualifies employee to drive company vehicles
- Must understand and sign-off on Corporate and worksite Health and Safety Plan(s)
- Must pass Hunters Point Naval Station Security Clearance.
Associated topics: constable, fault, health, healthy, inspector, sewer system, usda, waste, wastewater treatment plant, water
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...