Assistant Branch Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
What we do:
We fuel the entrepreneurial dream in our community through our people, products, and our four values that drive every business decision and customer interaction:
Elevating relationships - Vision-driven - Powered by passion - Dedicated to you
For more than 30 years, we've been committed to making dreams come true for independent dealers. AFC's finance solutions provide liquidity to more than 12,000 independent dealers across North America freeing up cash flow to give them more time to focus on building their business. Our solutions amplify dealers purchasing power so they can stock their lot with the vehicles their customers demand.
Who we are:
With our people-first culture, AFC believes in creating an environment where employees look forward to work each day. Plus, AFC's committed to helping each employee develop their own career dream. With cross-team and cross-KAR company development opportunities, employees are able to pursue any position of interest.
We're looking for:
AFC is seeking an individual who elevates relationships while assisting the Branch Manager in delivering our financial services to customers (dealers) at designated auctions and typically within a specific geographic area. They will have the passion and vision to grow the business profitably by increasing the number of customers and by expanding the volume of business with existing customers. The core job functions of an Assistant Branch Manager include increasing revenues and minimizing losses through aggressive loss prevention activities. They must develop competence in the technical aspects of loan processing (floorplanning), assessing credit worthiness, securing and monitoring loans, collecting receivables and managing delinquency. The Assistant Branch Manager must be able to direct and coordinate all activities of the loan production office as well as performance management in the absence of the Branch Manager.
As the Assistant Branch Manager you'll:
* Be dedicated to you using leadership, management skill, creativity, business development, and available resources to assist the Branch Manager in achieving financial and non-financial goals of the Branch. This person must be dedicated to the employees of the branch as well as our customers.
* Develop a thorough understanding of AFC policies, processes and procedures relative to business development, loan processing, collections, expense control, and staff development.
* Understand the applicable laws and codes for their assigned geographic area and ensures the Branch operates in compliance with them.
* Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, motivating, and developing members of the branch financial services team with the focus on providing prompt, accurate, and courteous service to both internal and external customers.
* Passionate about participating in providing regular performance feedback to all members of the Branch Financial Services Team. Participate in coaching and counseling other members of the Branch Financial Services Team to achieve improved performance and compliance with AFC policies and standards.
* Utilizes all appropriate means to monitor and collect receivables, account for property used to secure loans, and to document business transactions (particularly communications related to "over credit line", late payments, returned checks, note repayments, and "out of trust" situations).
* Communicate potential loss situations to the Branch Manager and Corporate Loss Prevention staff as soon as identified to develop a coordinated response. Lead efforts to take possession of vehicles or other property used to secure loans and acts as AFC's agent/representative in legal matters, as required.
* Use spreadsheet and other automated or manual processes to prepare required documentation and reports.
* Executes company vision by assisting in the prospecting and growth of the branch's portfolio, along with assisting in marketing efforts and product campaigns of the branch and corporate.
* Utilize all available Customer Relationship Management tools and work queue task assignments to maintain a history of the dealer.
* Support other AFC locations remotely and on site when needed.
* Other duties, as assigned.
A high school diploma is required and an Associates or Bachelors degree in business management, marketing, business administration, or finance is preferred. This candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a supervisory or management role and a minimum of 2 years' experience in the automotive or financial services industry. This person must have good organizational, administrative, written and verbal communication skills. Must be passionate about sales and coaching and developing others. The ability to read and understand basic financial statements is preferred. The Assistant Branch Manager will be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook and will be familiar with a CRM management tool.
Position requires walking, sitting, and standing. Driving personal automobile to customer premises or supported auctions may be required for the purpose of verifying make/model/VIN of automobiles or conducting other AFC business development activities.
Working with the best in the industry:
AFC is proud to be a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services, Inc. AFC's core business complements the other business units within the KAR Auction Services group of companies, including ADESA auctions, TradeRev, Insurance Auto Auctions (IAA), PAR North America, AutoVIN, LiveBlock Auctions International, Preferred Warranties, Inc. (PWI), Dent Demon, and many more. This diversity allows KAR Auction Services to provide a full spectrum of services - from whole car and salvage to financing, remarketing, technology, and inspection/repair services.
For more information about KAR Auction Services and its affiliated companies, visit KARAuctionServices.com.
Benefits: Be healthy, be prepared, save for tomorrow. Take a closer look at our benefits here.
Automotive Finance Corporation (a subsidiary of KAR Auction Services) drives talent to opportunity. We have the best in the business and are relentlessly focused on the growth of our people. We move quickly, have an unwavering commitment to our customers and communities and have fun while we are at it. Up for the challenge? Put yourself in the driver seat and enjoy the ride.
Company: Automotive Finance Corporation
Loading some great jobs for you...